[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we talk about how the graphic for MNF "down and distance" is yellow?

turbotooslow

I still think its too big and uses up far to much of the screen. Even worse if they ran a crawl at the bottom. And the play clock should do something special under 10 or 5 seconds, flash, be red etc. 

But may not matter soon if I lose ESPN (talk that it will be pulled from both DirecTV and U-Verse as cost cutting measures by the hedge fund managers calling the shots for these businesses run by AT-T. 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:25 PM, turbotooslow said:

I know this isn't fantasy related per se, but they picked LITERALLY the only color they shouldn't have. I think there's a flag on every play now. So stupid.

I know! How does that happen?

4 hours ago, DMD said:

I know! How does that happen?

Somebody on another forum (very much related to broadcasting) tells me they surely showed it to somebody before using it. But to have a backup plan ready to go, changing the graphics during the game? They must have realized it had potential problems, anybody who watches football would know using yellow was dumb. Even that greenish/lime shade. 

I joked it was all a PR move by ESPN, use something horrible that people would freak out posting to Twitter during the game. Then change it to what they had planned all along so they can look responsive to social media posters. Nothing would surprise in today's media landscape. 

16 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Somebody on another forum (very much related to broadcasting) tells me they surely showed it to somebody before using it. But to have a backup plan ready to go, changing the graphics during the game? They must have realized it had potential problems, anybody who watches football would know using yellow was dumb. Even that greenish/lime shade. 

I joked it was all a PR move by ESPN, use something horrible that people would freak out posting to Twitter during the game. Then change it to what they had planned all along so they can look responsive to social media posters. Nothing would surprise in today's media landscape. 

You know what?? I completely buy that. I bet that is what they did, and it's a smart move.

I was listening to my local sports station in the morning on Tuesday and they brought this up. I was watching the Saints game and said this exact thing to my wife. I’m like why the heck do they have down and distance in yellow. I thought they were throwing a flag on every play. She’s telling me to settle down lol. I’m not on Twitter and I fell asleep before halftime so I didn’t know they changed it.