[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 Waiver wire, who are you targeting

purplemonster

Marquise Brown WR Ravens

Malcom Brown RB Rams

Terry McLaurin WR Redskins

DK Metcalf Seattle

DJ Chark WR Jags

Ronald Jones RB Bucs

Carlos Hyde RB Texans

Mecole Hardman WR Chiefs

John Ross Bengals

I won't mention guys like Hockenson, Waller because those are easy adds if you need TE. 

Edited by purplemonster

Your list is pretty much spot on some of my leagues that are 10-12 teams.

I would add AP only due to Guice injury.

Also Gallup DAL.  He was not picked up in one of my league due to lack of production last year.  Needless to say, he is a hot pick up now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Depends on league size and team needs, but I'd say no.

Also depends on how your waivers work, if they reset every week (like ours does) why not use it this week. Is somebody going to be dropped (assuming mid week drops go on waivers) that is worth using it on later in the week?

I'll be targeting a RB since I've lost Coleman for a while, but our Waiver system is broken right now so nobody is making waiver claims. 

11 hours ago, Shaft said:

This is more of an advice thread, but don't overreact fellas. I think John Brown and John Ross make the most sense due to their situations. 

I personally need receiver help, so by the looks of it, Marquise Brown is probably the best target.  DK Metcalf is available too in some leagues.  Another good option, possibly better.  McLaurin probably 2nd or 3rd depending on availability.  As for RB's the guy I'd want most is probably Malcolm Brown.  Not sure I trust Hyde that much but he is a starting RB, but I am personally not interested.  These 1st week wonder WR's are always tough to evaluate.  John Ross could be decent but he's an up or down small burner, so not likely I want to waste too much time on that, with AJ Green coming back eventually.  

And for Shaft, if John Brown for the Ravens is available, he would be my #1 target.  Damn, too many Brown's in here, there's three of them.  I think that's why I created the list, just to keep it straight.  

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

And for Shaft, if John Brown for the Ravens is available, he would be my #1 target.  Damn, too many Brown's in here, there's three of them.  I think that's why I created the list, just to keep it straight.  

John Brown is a Buffalo Bill.  Hollywood Marquise Brown is the Raven.

16 hours ago, Shaft said:

This is more of an advice thread, but don't overreact fellas. I think John Brown and John Ross make the most sense due to their situations. 

I really like John Brown mainly due to their schedule. He gets to play Miami twice, NYG next week (awful pass D), Cincy the following week (awful pass D), and they play the Patriots twice which isn't a bad thing since they'll be getting smoked by the 2nd quarter and will have to throw 40+ times presenting the opportunity for some nice garbage points. Also really like Metcalf as he had the most targets for their WRs and was on the field running a route on 22 of the 24 pass plays Seattle ran. And while they obviously will be a run first team, they also are destined to be ~8-8 and will definitely be forced to throw a lot more than 24 times when they play the Rams (twice), New Orleans, Steelers and ATL (ATL is at home). 

After those two, Ross would be my next choice but I still don't know if I trust him (of course he had a monster line but he had a couple huge drops Sunday which has always been an issue for him) and A.J. Green should be back around week 4-5ish. With Green back it's going to be tough IMO for him to put up consistent numbers with Boyd in the fold too. Hardman is a potential streaming option while Hill is out but don't think I would use a waiver position or waiver budget on him. Don't know much about Chark so can't comment on him although FWIW the Chiefs D sucks and can boost any WRs numbers. Also don't have much knowledge or opinion on McLaurin.

The one I would definitely avoid spending a lot/using a high waiver position on is Hollywood Brown...the man played 14 snaps and played a team that I wouldn't even bet to beat Clemson or Alabama. 31 of the Dolphins on their roster are new and weren't on their team last year...they are actively trying to tank. In other words, I wouldn't put any stock in that game and the Ravens are going to be a very run heavy team IMO. You're risking getting a goose egg IMO if you start him next week. 

As for the RBs, I'd probably say Brown and Jones are a toss up with Hyde a distant third.

Fun fact: Marquise Brown is Antonio Brown's cousin

I picked up Marquise Brown and DK Metcalf.  I was hoping to get McLaurin as well (I am super weak at WR) but was taken.  There is ANOTHER Brown who is may be waiver bait too. AJ Brown for the Titans who looked good.  He's a rookie out of Ole'Miss.  He could become the Titans #1 WR but that isn't a terribly potent pass offense.  DJ Chark also looked good to me on the eye test I saw from the replays.  Again, he had kind of a dismal rookie season last year with Bortles, but he's someone to keep an eye on.  Gardner Minshew looked very good in limited action.  A lot of unknowns there.  And good god is Marquise Brown fast.  Might be the fastest player in the league, who knows.  Small though.  I don't tend to start waiver pickups like this right away, they are more bench stashes to see how they turn out.  

Edited by purplemonster

As a Bengals fan, I wouldn't touch John Ross. He just isn't a good football player. He had some HORRIBLE drops, I mean wide open nobody within 6-7 yards of him. He doesn't want to block on running plays and he has had a hard time grasping the playbook every year, which is why he doesn't play much until something drastic happens like A.J. being out.

1 minute ago, turbotooslow said:

As a Bengals fan, I wouldn't touch John Ross. He just isn't a good football player. He had some HORRIBLE drops, I mean wide open nobody within 6-7 yards of him. He doesn't want to block on running plays and he has had a hard time grasping the playbook every year, which is why he doesn't play much until something drastic happens like A.J. being out.

Plus he's always injured. 

Ok, now that all the Browns, McLaurins, Peterson, Bernard, Ross, all the dudes who blew up in week 1, etc...were claimed off the waivers, who should we be targeting?  

We do not have mandatory TEs but can use them in WRs slots. Hockensen and Andrews are still on the wire. Waller got picked up. Mattison is still there, Stills annd Valdez-Scantling too. Wondering if there are any "gut" feelings about guys you feel that didn't blow up but may later in the season. 

Edited by heehawks

Marquise Brown and McLaurin both had very good gams.  Brown had a lot of receptions not just downfield bombs and McLaurin competed well against a top corner.  That is big for me because I needed a starter WR and played him right away last week.  DJ Chark played well again it looked like but that Jags offense is going to be pretty rough. Hardman showed up but also hard to know how to value him with Tyreek's return murky and Demarcus Robinson. Prob a safe start until whenever Tyreek gets back.