[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sam Darnold out with mono

gbill2004

19 minutes ago, loaf said:

Who gets mono anymore? Besides Darnold

Literally >95% of humans. The thing is most people get it as kids or young adults. Getting it as an NFL starting QB - no bueno. 

The issue is that mono makes your spleen big and contact sports are an absolute no-no until it goes back to normal size. He could come back faster than the timeline but who knows.

1 minute ago, keggerz said:

Had it in HS and I was done for a month. 

3 weeks before my wedding.  I was on a swat course and was falling asleep in the middle of one of the scenarios. One of the hardest months of my life recovering from that. 

On 9/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, loaf said:

Who gets mono anymore? Besides Darnold

it was rampant in my son's high school six years ago.  it can be debilitating. contact sports a big no-no with enlarged spleen.  we wont see Darnold until week 6 or later. 

There goes the season. 

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

There goes the season. 

But you still have Gase!  You have a very realistic shot of doing just enough to make sure you draft picks are just outside the level of any potential corner stones.  Then over the next couple years as he loses all your talent because they don't fit what he wants, free agency, or just natural decline you'll have a nice rebuild to look forward too. And really, isn't that what it's all about?  

:fool:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Def. said:

But you still have Gase!  You have a very realistic shot of doing just enough to make sure you draft picks are just outside the level of any potential corner stones.  Then over the next couple years as he loses all your talent because they don't fit what he wants, free agency, or just natural decline you'll have a nice rebuild to look forward too. And really, isn't that what it's all about?  

:fool:

I suppose.  But just in Gase he doesn't work out as HC for the Jets, then what?  a do-over?  Most Jets fans felt that having him be HC for Darnold was a perfect Gase scenario.  In any event... no matter how optimistic a fan is about an upcoming season... it's never an open and shut Gase that it will work out that way.  Gase in point: 2018 Dolphins.   :tab:

• Confused 1