[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OJ Howard ZERO points..

SoonerMagic25

It was a weird game where Tampa actually just game managed and didn't force the ball down the field.  I don't see Tampa getting to continue to play like this I don't know what to think of this passing attack or Winston.. outside Godwin and Evens for fantasy it might be the new norm there.

32 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I'd keep Howard, I just think the Car defense did a good job on him

Some of this, but the Bucs also kept Howard in to block, both as an inline TE and as a FB in the backfield multiple times last night. As good a receiver as Howard is, he's just as good a blocker... which sucks for us fantasy-wise

54 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Keep OJ. Maybe Arians wakes the hell up and targets him next week

How many fantasy worthy TE's were in AZ when Arians was coach?

He doesn't use the TE in his system/gameplans. They're an afterthought

1 minute ago, JAWN said:

How many fantasy worthy TE's were in AZ when Arians was coach?

He doesn't use the TE in his system/gameplans. They're an afterthought

Not saying that you’re wrong or that arians is going to change his ways but I don’t believe he had anyone in AZ with nearly the talent as OJ. Maybe he’ll realize that and take some of the pressure off Godwin and funnel some of his targets to OJ. 

I had hopes he would be a stud this year and I have him on both of my teams. Sadly, it looks to me like Howard is not going to be part of the offense in TB this year. I guess I should have known since Arians never used the TE in AZ. I'll be at least benching and/or dropping him in both my leagues.

5 hours ago, MacAttak said:

Not saying that you’re wrong or that arians is going to change his ways but I don’t believe he had anyone in AZ with nearly the talent as OJ. Maybe he’ll realize that and take some of the pressure off Godwin and funnel some of his targets to OJ. 

I agree. I think since Arians has never had good TEs in all his HC and OC stints, he just doesn't figure them into the gameplans. Here are the past  TE's Arians has had to work with going back to the Browns of 2001: :Heiden, Mark Campbell, Aaron Shea, Dwayne Allen, OJ Santiago , Rob Housler, John Carlsen... yukkkkkkkk

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat

8 minutes ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

I agree. I think since Arians has never had good TEs in all his HC and OC stints, he just doesn't figure them into the gameplans. Here are the past  TE's Arians has had to work with going back to the Browns of 2001: :Heiden, Mark Campbell, Aaron Shea, Dwayne Allen, OJ Santiago , Rob Housler, John Carlsen... yukkkkkkkk

and his usage of TE's, of which he has TWO dent ones, over the first 2 weeks indicates any change in wanting to use the TE?

9 minutes ago, JAWN said:

and his usage of TE's, of which he has TWO dent ones, over the first 2 weeks indicates any change in wanting to use the TE?

As someone else already said, OJ is being used more as a blocker (both pass- and run-blocking) out of necessity. TB was the 4th worst last season in QB Hits allowed and 4th worst in rushing yds generated so they can't run nor can they keep Winston from getting pummeled. Will it change? Only if the Oline improves somehow or if he decides to use OJ more as a WR.

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat

2 hours ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

You forgot Heath Miller. His most productive year with Arians was 2009 where he had almost 800 yards and 6 touchdowns.