[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Montgomery or Malcolm Brown

VikingVet

4 minutes ago, VikingVet said:

Montgomery was splitting carries with Cohen and Mike Davis which has me worried. Brown was getting goal line looks even though he’s the backup. That’s why I’m torn haha

Brown from LAR? Forgot about him stealing some carries from Gurly.

Edited by robotpimp

PPR?

Montgomery *may* be the starter but we don't know how many touches he will get.  Montgomery had 7 touches and Brown had 11 including goal line touches which led to two touchdowns.

I think Brown is good for 10 touches.  Will he get another TD?  Who knows.  Montgomery is a wildcard.  The Bears only offense came on the drive where he was given the ball and Montgomery looked great in his limited role.  

If you want upside (20 points)- go Montgomery, if you want a better chance at 10 points, go Brown.  I think I'll end up starting Montgomery this week but that's only because I have very limited RB options and it sounds like James White may miss the game due to the birth of his baby.  

Both have somewhat uncertain roles but I would go Montgomery. Nagy knows he messed up abandoning the run in week 1 and my gut is he will adjust the play calling to feed Montgomery this week in a slug it out kind of game  

I do think Brown probably has a better chance at a TD, but if he doesn't score he could bust 

4 hours ago, VikingVet said:

Montgomery was splitting carries with Cohen and Mike Davis which has me worried. Brown was getting goal line looks even though he’s the backup. That’s why I’m torn haha

I hear you but as Gurley shows he can handle the load, brown will fade to obscurity

Montgomery.. I think Browns TDs were just because he was out there on that drive I believe.. it’s not like Gurley was in and they took him out for Brown when they got on the goaline.. that being said it’s still up in the air the split there and it’s up in the air for the split in Chicago but it’s pretty clear that Montgomery is their best back

Montgomery. In the last few days Nagy has seemed like he watched game 1 film and realized his errors. Previously he didn't seem as reticent with comments like yeah they're all talented, etc... now he has said David was productive, and definitely should have seen more touches.