[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who are you done with?

SNOWBOUND33

On 9/16/2019 at 4:46 AM, loaf said:

Diggs

1 hour ago, loaf said:

Welcome to the lineup for Week 3, Mr. Fitzgerald.

48 minutes ago, Rileyrott said:

Same for me...Fitz > Diggs

i am not quite there with diggs.  Minn's passing game looks poor at the moment, but  he still found ez twice, with one being called back on a weird reversal.

Here is a proactive pessimistic one....

Ezekiel Elliot in PPR leagues. 

I'm not dumping him by any means, and I'm for sure starting him...but...Last year, Elliott totaled 95 targets in 15 games. Through two weeks this season, he’s only been targeted four times.  The new O coordinator system, through the first two games,  isn't giving him near as much PPR value as he had last year. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I'm not dumping him by any means, and I'm for sure starting him...but...Last year, Elliott totaled 95 targets in 15 games. Through two weeks this season, he’s only been targeted four times.  The new O coordinator system, through the first two games,  isn't giving him near as much PPR value as he had last year. 

if i recall, the second half of the year he was getting 5+ rec/gm

31 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Hmm...The good thing about Elliot is that he is a bell cow, and can make up on that deficiency like he did last week with a TD run.  I'd hope that Elliot's involvement in the passing game becomes more prioritized than someone like Derrick Henry and Aaron Jones, by week 3 or so. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

13 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Yep I didn't recall that but checked the stats, 5 or more games 9-15 (his last 7), but only had 4 or more twice in the first 8 games. 

First 8 weeks averages: tagets=5.125  rec=3.625

last 7 weeks averages: tagets=7.7  rec=6.85

Targets up 2.5 and rec up 3.2 per game in second half. That's huge. 

On 9/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Need not be concerned. He's just coming back from Cabo. Limiting his reps and touches. They want him carrying the ball and there is no need to give him extra hits catching when you have a nice stable of WR's. He will be needed when defenses get stingy in about a week from Sunday. By then he will be full go for a full load and you will he rollin........

38 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Need not be concerned. He's just coming back from Cabo. Limiting his reps and touches. They want him carrying the ball and there is no need to give him extra hits catching when you have a nice stable of WR's. He will be needed when defenses get stingy in about a week from Sunday. By then he will be full go for a full load and you will he rollin........

62 total passes and 6 total RB targets. 0 targets for Pollard, who played substantial snaps in Week 1, and is a skilled receiver.  The data seems to indicate that throwing the ball to the RBs isn't a big part of the offensive scheme so far.

Edited by Bobby Brown

On 9/18/2019 at 11:46 PM, Bobby Brown said:

He had 77 receptions last year and that was just icing on the cake. Can't be 'done' with someone like Zeke even without receptions

On 9/19/2019 at 12:21 AM, Bobby Brown said:

Hmm...The good thing about Elliot is that he is a bell cow, and can make up on that deficiency like he did last week with a TD run.  I'd hope that Elliot's involvement in the passing game becomes more prioritized than someone like Derrick Henry and Aaron Jones, by week 3 or so. 

Don't let one reception for 75 yds make you think Henry is 'involved' in the passing game

8 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

62 total passes and 6 total RB targets. 0 targets for Pollard, who played substantial snaps in Week 1, and is a skilled receiver.  The data seems to indicate that throwing the ball to the RBs isn't a big part of the offensive scheme so far.

Why show any part of the arsenal to the 3 teams you can beat with just a portion of it. Like i said, there are some very stingy defenses coming up that you just can't do anything to and expect to gain yards like the first 3 we face. I would argue that we have seen but a tip of the Iceberg so to speak where 2/3 of the offense has yet to be seen. We will need to use some nuances for the likes of N.O., Rams, Eagles, and especailly N.E. where I suspect they won't be able to just run right, run left and gain 5 to 8 a pop because those teams have some really good front 7's. That's when you will see Zeke out in space to mix it up some. I could see Zeke with at least 5 catches a game out of the backfield starting week 4. I don't think we have seen Pollards role at all yet and I suspect he has some plays up his sleave also. I haven't seen any of the routes he ran in training camp yet. There is a lot more to this offense yet to see with the passing game using the running backs.

Edited by Cowboyz1

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

@Cowboyz1 I think you are giving red too much credit.

I'm not talking about Red, I'm talking about Moore. Although I believe red deserves more credit than he gets when it comes to team building and putting people in the right places to succeed. Moore's father was a coach and he's been crunching defenses for a long time now. I think we are seeing a great mind at work with this offense. 

7 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

Don't let one reception for 75 yds make you think Henry is 'involved' in the passing game

The point was that if Elliot isn't getting 7ish to 8ish receiving targets a game, his fantasy comps become more similar to someone like Henry. 

Edited by Bobby Brown