[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who are you done with?

SNOWBOUND33

18 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

After today I'm done with Chris Carson

I would be if I had other options. Actually I'd be done with most of my team including studs like Devante Adams and Zach Ertz. Three weeks in, 0-3, Goff barely meeting expectations, everybody else falling flat. 

14 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

This isn't the same Mayfield we saw at the close of last year.

If the Browns don't put together a better o-line for him, he's going to get beat to heck like Andrew Luck did.

Kitchens play calling isn't helping. Draw play on 4th and 9?  No runs from first and goal at the 4 with the game on the line? He is taking heat and also shining the light on himself and owning up to his mistakes. Of course changing and improving will be the cure, not just talking about it. 

Not sure the Browns can do much now to greatly improve the line. 

Robby Anderson, I think I gotta cut him.  No idea when Darnold will be back and can't hold the roster spot.  Thinking about flipping Leveon too before he has more subpar games.  That Oline is brutal as is the whole offense. I probably won't but can't decide if I should. I'd like to cut Fuller too. Stills has actually been a major negative there, but Ill probably hold a bit longer.

Edited by purplemonster

6 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Robby Anderson, I think I gotta cut him.  No idea when Darnold will be back and can't hold the roster spot.  Thinking about flipping Leveon too before he has more subpar games.  That Oline is brutal as is the whole offense. I probably won't but can't decide if I should. I'd like to cut Fuller too. Stills has actually been a major negative there, but Ill probably hold a bit longer.

I feel you, I am about to try to flip Bell and Anderson (throw in) in a trade as we speak. Im

over it. 

21 minutes ago, bpkrufus said:

I feel you, I am about to try to flip Bell and Anderson (throw in) in a trade as we speak. Im

over it. 

Who are you trying to get? 

I have been besieged this year by poor Oline play for my RB's.  Almost every one of Kerryon's less than 40 yards (on 18 carries) came AFTER contact.  How is it even possible to be hit at the LOS on literally every carry.  That's nuts.  He's not a slow guy either.  Leveon I assume is pretty much the same.  Sony isn't getting a ton of room either.  Although Burkhead is out playing him.  I don't understand that guy either.  Looked like gold in the preseason and at the end of last year. 

Edited by purplemonster

15 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

I've dumped Anderson on one league.  I'm going to hold onto Bell for now.

Forgot about that stiff, he's on my team too and was already riding the pine. Problem is not much better on waivers, and trading most of these stiffs yields very little. 

If it wasn't for bad luck....I wouldn't have no luck at all...

On 9/15/2019 at 1:18 PM, heehawks said:

I'm done with playing the high score every week.

And again...this week got Ingramed...played high score for 3rd week in a row and would have beaten all other teams. Staring at 0-3 unless ARob goes off tonight and scores 25 points, which is highly unlikely in my 0.5/rec league. 

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

For anybody thinking of giving up on Mayfield, think this is a pretty good read

verifies what some of us are saying.

But when you are asking about "giving up," are you referring to NFL or FF?

NFL... way to early to give up on him. The problems on offense are not just on Mayfield

FF.... he can wait on my bench until they can make effective adjustments

9 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

NFL... way to early to give up on him. The problems on offense are not just on Mayfield

I was just talking in general, don't recall if Mayfield was discussed here.

Honestly I was just looking to see some feedback on the story itself. Because the usual trolls that post comments were ripping at is garbage analysis and saying its still mostly on bad play calls. 

I as a Browns fan have not given up, but it did help to open my eyes to the things that Baker is doing wrong. Things he needs to correct. I don't notice some of the nuance watching the games, too much football (3 games 10+ hours on Sunday) etc.

He looked so good last year, and the "there's no tape" thing is only true for a couple of games, so by mid point last year there was plenty of tape. Is Baker worried he has no protection and pressing too hard. Are they all afraid of failing and not just letting it fly like they did last year.

I wasn't expecting 13-3, more like 9-10 wins as a ceiling. 1-2 now with a tough schedule thru week 8 (@BAL, @SF, SEA, BYE, @NE). It gets easier after that with CIN-2, PIT-2, AZ, MIA, DEN 7 of the final 9 against some bad teams (counting BAL & BUF as good). 

4 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I am 0-3 in my 10 team local and need something...anything...lightening in a bottle. Dropping Mayfield for Carolina's Allen...just to shake things up. 

20 minutes ago, heehawks said:

I am 0-3 in my 10 team local and need something...anything...lightening in a bottle. Dropping Mayfield for Carolina's Allen...just to shake things up. 

did you have a bu qb?  allen looked decent.  other options?

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

did you have a bu qb?  allen looked decent.  other options?

I have Josh Allen too, who has done pretty well FF wise, has a good D and gets good rushing stats.  Figured I would start streaming QBs between J.Allen and others...starting with the other Allen and see where it goes from there. I just can't keep trotting out Mayfield the way the Browns are playing. 

16 hours ago, stevegrab said:

For anybody thinking of giving up on Mayfield, think this is a pretty good read

I didn't click the link but guess it says something about him creating difficulties for himself by anticipating a rush?

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I didn't click the link but guess it says something about him creating difficulties for himself by anticipating a rush?

The link was a cleveland.com story by somebody new breaking down film from the final four plays of the game. It basically attempts to explain that Freddie Kitchens did not call the wrong plays, because they could have scored a TD on every one of them, if Baker makes the right read. Execution was the problem, not play calling. 

As I tried to explain in my rambling post that followed it up, I was curious what the folks here thought of the analysis since so many commenting on the story were saying it was garbage and that the plays called were wrong, or not ideal, etc. Some suggested we all knew this already, but it helped me to see some things more clearly than I had with my own eyes while watching the game. 

Baker seems to have no confidence in the line, so he doesn't feel comfortable, slides out and takes off or just throws to his first read without surveying the whole field. He's got some things he needs to fix, the OL isn't great but not that much worse than last year. And it won't be fixed easily. So he better adapt or it will be a long season and lots of talk of last year being a fluke.