[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why does God hate my fantasy team? Every year

chiefswarpath

Somewhere along the lines a member of my family pissed someone off! That person's name was the Lord! 3 years in a row, I lose 1st round pick week 1. Johnson, Cook, Hill. Lost last week by 6. Was killing it yesterday. Brees gets -1 pts. Going into last night, I'm up 13 I have Desean Jax he has 1 RB. Jackson gets hurt! FML in fantasy sports. New Year same BS! Made it to SB a few yrs back. Only to lose QB1, RB1, and WR2 to injuries week prior or in practice.

I agree. Last night there were way too many injuries sustained. Especially in the Philly game. It was ridiculous. Not to mention 2 Franchise QBs are now hurt and questionable to return. My fantasy team is suffering somewhat as well. Not on the injury side just on the points side. 

6 hours ago, chiefswarpath said:

Somewhere along the lines a member of my family pissed someone off! That person's name was the Lord! 3 years in a row, I lose 1st round pick week 1. Johnson, Cook, Hill. Lost last week by 6. Was killing it yesterday. Brees gets -1 pts. Going into last night, I'm up 13 I have Desean Jax he has 1 RB. Jackson gets hurt! FML in fantasy sports. New Year same BS! Made it to SB a few yrs back. Only to lose QB1, RB1, and WR2 to injuries week prior or in practice.

The Lord gave you Patrick Mahomes.

Fair trade. 

• Haha 2

This is my 1st ever year in this Fantasy Football game and damn this thing is serious business. The injuries are off the chart and I have been watching the game of football for some time now and I of course realize there are injuries, but really never really have paid attention to it as much as this year as in this past I just looked at the players from my home team or the big time players. It is crazy. I guess I have been lucky really as I have only lost Hunter Henry up to this point, but really week 3 hasn't even started yet. 

• Like 1

Yes playing fantasy football will make you more aware of many things in the NFL and have you knowing lots of players that other fans would consider obscure (backup QBs, 3/4 string WR/RB, kickers). Also usually has you more in tune with NFL news about all teams, players cut, being traded, injured etc. 

On 9/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, SassyCassie said:

This is my 1st ever year in this Fantasy Football game and damn this thing is serious business. The injuries are off the chart and I have been watching the game of football for some time now and I of course realize there are injuries, but really never really have paid attention to it as much as this year as in this past I just looked at the players from my home team or the big time players. It is crazy. I guess I have been lucky really as I have only lost Hunter Henry up to this point, but really week 3 hasn't even started yet. 

Last year at my last count I had lost 17 guys to injury.  And the ones that weren't broken, like David Johnson, played like they were.  Came in 9th.  The guy who came in 10th is also the guy who drafted a kicker in the 6th round

11 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Last year at my last count I had lost 17 guys to injury.  And the ones that weren't broken, like David Johnson, played like they were.  Came in 9th.  The guy who came in 10th is also the guy who drafted a kicker in the 6th round

DJ was still an RB1 last year in the worst offense in recent memory. Shows that his floor is extremely high.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:08 PM, SassyCassie said:

This year is quite a bit crazier than the usual but there are always injuries. Just seems like this year there are more + off-field drama like crazy.

8 minutes ago, Darkwing1232 said:

For me it was Cam Newton week 1 that cost me several of my matchups. Week 2, it was NE Defense and Patrick Mahomes with literally no one else on their team scoring more than 10 points. Sad part is that I lost by two so all Miami had to do was kick a single FG and I would have won by they couldnt even do that. 

Miami is horrible, so bad that they don't even move the ball enough to have many FG chances. I would not be using their kicker. High scoring teams are the best. Better if they stall sometimes and have to settle for FGs. There are sure to be some better kickers on waives. If you must have a kicker on a bad NFL team get Zane Gonzalez from the Cardinals, he hasn't missed a kick yet and has 7  FGs in 2 games. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Miami is horrible, so bad that they don't even move the ball enough to have many FG chances. I would not be using their kicker. High scoring teams are the best. Better if they stall sometimes and have to settle for FGs. There are sure to be some better kickers on waives. If you must have a kicker on a bad NFL team get Zane Gonzalez from the Cardinals, he hasn't missed a kick yet and has 7  FGs in 2 games. 

I meant I needed Miami to score 3 points in order to have NE's Defense score 3 points less. 

On 9/16/2019 at 6:29 AM, chiefswarpath said:

Dude, the past 8 years in a row I've lost AT LEAST two of my starters before week 1 is over. I'm in an auction league so it's my big price guys. Last year it was four guys by week 2. Lord Fumble has cursed me hard. I'm 0-2 staring at 0-3 given my match ups.