chiefswarpath

Why does God hate my fantasy team? Every year

Recommended Posts

Somewhere along the lines a member of my family pissed someone off! That person's name was the Lord! 3 years in a row, I lose 1st round pick week 1. Johnson, Cook, Hill. Lost last week by 6. Was killing it yesterday. Brees gets -1 pts. Going into last night, I'm up 13 I have Desean Jax he has 1 RB. Jackson gets hurt! FML in fantasy sports. New Year same BS! Made it to SB a few yrs back. Only to lose QB1, RB1, and WR2 to injuries week prior or in practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Last night there were way too many injuries sustained. Especially in the Philly game. It was ridiculous. Not to mention 2 Franchise QBs are now hurt and questionable to return. My fantasy team is suffering somewhat as well. Not on the injury side just on the points side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail. I've only lost Tevin Coleman so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chiefswarpath said:

Somewhere along the lines a member of my family pissed someone off! That person's name was the Lord! 3 years in a row, I lose 1st round pick week 1. Johnson, Cook, Hill. Lost last week by 6. Was killing it yesterday. Brees gets -1 pts. Going into last night, I'm up 13 I have Desean Jax he has 1 RB. Jackson gets hurt! FML in fantasy sports. New Year same BS! Made it to SB a few yrs back. Only to lose QB1, RB1, and WR2 to injuries week prior or in practice.

 

The Lord gave you Patrick Mahomes.

 

Fair trade. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost Coleman as well, and Ben last night (but I was going to drop him anyway this week).

I'm 0-2 in my local due exclusively to QB play (Ben).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

 

The Lord gave you Patrick Mahomes.

 

Fair trade. 

 

LMAO, agreed.  I'd take Mahomes in trade for half of my lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

injuries are why i only play dynasty. If your season goes to poop, you can make trades to maximize next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

 

The Lord gave you Patrick Mahomes.

 

Fair trade. 

Yes sir. Mahomes be with you is what we say in church. Has anyone seen Pat Mahomes and Jesus in the same room? I havnt 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brees, Ginn worthless without him, Coleman, Crowder w/o Darnold is worthless. That’s 4 and the 2nd week of season hasn’t finished yet. Last year I lost 12 players to injuries, finished playing more than half my team with second and third feedlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my 1st ever year in this Fantasy Football game and damn this thing is serious business. The injuries are off the chart and I have been watching the game of football for some time now and I of course realize there are injuries, but really never really have paid attention to it as much as this year as in this past I just looked at the players from my home team or the big time players. It is crazy. I guess I have been lucky really as I have only lost Hunter Henry up to this point, but really week 3 hasn't even started yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes playing fantasy football will make you more aware of many things in the NFL and have you knowing lots of players that other fans would consider obscure (backup QBs, 3/4 string WR/RB, kickers). Also usually has you more in tune with NFL news about all teams, players cut, being traded, injured etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, SassyCassie said:

This is my 1st ever year in this Fantasy Football game and damn this thing is serious business. The injuries are off the chart and I have been watching the game of football for some time now and I of course realize there are injuries, but really never really have paid attention to it as much as this year as in this past I just looked at the players from my home team or the big time players. It is crazy. I guess I have been lucky really as I have only lost Hunter Henry up to this point, but really week 3 hasn't even started yet. 

 

Last year at my last count I had lost 17 guys to injury.  And the ones that weren't broken, like David Johnson, played like they were.  Came in 9th.  The guy who came in 10th is also the guy who drafted a kicker in the 6th round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

 

Last year at my last count I had lost 17 guys to injury.  And the ones that weren't broken, like David Johnson, played like they were.  Came in 9th.  The guy who came in 10th is also the guy who drafted a kicker in the 6th round

DJ was still an RB1 last year in the worst offense in recent memory. Shows that his floor is extremely high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 6:08 PM, SassyCassie said:

This is my 1st ever year in this Fantasy Football game and damn this thing is serious business. The injuries are off the chart and I have been watching the game of football for some time now and I of course realize there are injuries, but really never really have paid attention to it as much as this year as in this past I just looked at the players from my home team or the big time players. It is crazy. I guess I have been lucky really as I have only lost Hunter Henry up to this point, but really week 3 hasn't even started yet. 

This year is quite a bit crazier than the usual but there are always injuries. Just seems like this year there are more + off-field drama like crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it was Cam Newton week 1 that cost me several of my matchups. Week 2, it was NE Defense and Patrick Mahomes with literally no one else on their team scoring more than 10 points. Sad part is that I lost by two so all Miami had to do was kick a single FG and I would have won by they couldnt even do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Darkwing1232 said:

For me it was Cam Newton week 1 that cost me several of my matchups. Week 2, it was NE Defense and Patrick Mahomes with literally no one else on their team scoring more than 10 points. Sad part is that I lost by two so all Miami had to do was kick a single FG and I would have won by they couldnt even do that. 

 

Miami is horrible, so bad that they don't even move the ball enough to have many FG chances. I would not be using their kicker. High scoring teams are the best. Better if they stall sometimes and have to settle for FGs. There are sure to be some better kickers on waives. If you must have a kicker on a bad NFL team get Zane Gonzalez from the Cardinals, he hasn't missed a kick yet and has 7  FGs in 2 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

 

Miami is horrible, so bad that they don't even move the ball enough to have many FG chances. I would not be using their kicker. High scoring teams are the best. Better if they stall sometimes and have to settle for FGs. There are sure to be some better kickers on waives. If you must have a kicker on a bad NFL team get Zane Gonzalez from the Cardinals, he hasn't missed a kick yet and has 7  FGs in 2 games. 

 

I meant I needed Miami to score 3 points in order to have NE's Defense score 3 points less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Darkwing1232 said:

 

I meant I needed Miami to score 3 points in order to have NE's Defense score 3 points less. 

 

DOH!  Hadn't considered the defensive scoring aspect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 6:29 AM, chiefswarpath said:

Somewhere along the lines a member of my family pissed someone off! That person's name was the Lord! 3 years in a row, I lose 1st round pick week 1. Johnson, Cook, Hill. Lost last week by 6. Was killing it yesterday. Brees gets -1 pts. Going into last night, I'm up 13 I have Desean Jax he has 1 RB. Jackson gets hurt! FML in fantasy sports. New Year same BS! Made it to SB a few yrs back. Only to lose QB1, RB1, and WR2 to injuries week prior or in practice.

 

Dude, the past 8 years in a row I've lost AT LEAST two of my starters before week 1 is over. I'm in an auction league so it's my big price guys. Last year it was four guys by week 2. Lord Fumble has cursed me hard. I'm 0-2 staring at 0-3 given my match ups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.