[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brown released by Patriots

T-Scorp

16 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

If the Patriots win the superbowl, does he get a ring or anything?  Name on the trophy?

No, the team decides who earned rings, usually the roster at SB time plus IR players, in addition to staff members.  Names are not engraved on the Lombardi trophy.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

I don't heza was asking specifically about a ring or trophy, but the concept... as in, AB would be part of the superbowl winning team and gets to claim a "ring"

Getting cut after week 2, a mere 13 days with a team, does not constitute "part of the Superbowl winning team" by any stretch.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

Yes @LordOpie .  It was a "I played on the Patriots team the year they won the superbowl" kind of a thing that he could tell his kids.

If he doesn't get help a guy like that won't be telling his kids anything because he will be dead or in jail. Sad that he won't get the help he clearly needs because he's headed down a road we all know doesn't end well. I hope for his sake he gets help if for nothing but for the people around him and his kids. I feel sorry for his family especially his kids. Can you imagine what being raised by him must be like?

14 hours ago, purplemonster said:

^"We appreciate the hard work of many people over the past 11 days"

:rolleyes:

Sounds like some legacy management. Trying to reiterate the fact he was only there for 11 days. 

We gambled, we lost, we're moving on, nothing to see here....

Obviously BB knew he was getting released when he had his press conference just hours early. His blood was boiling and he wanted to just blurt out "we're releasing this giant douchebag what a waste of talent, guy is batmanure crazy!"

I was just reading the statement from the NFL, says since he is a free agent he won't be put on the commissioner's exempt list. But if he is signed by a team that could happen. So a team can sign him, be forced to pay him (exempt list is suspended with pay) and deal with the headaches but not be able to use him in a game. I'm sure teams are burning up Rosenhaus phone.

Edited by stevegrab

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

Yeah. He gets to claim a ring a professional or public events without the nfl suing him... Not that anyone will hire him for such events

I was on a Super Bowl winning team for 11 days.... if that aside from his career helps him then more power to him, and the fools who are paying for his wisdom.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I was only speaking to the rules.

What rules are you talking about? That he can claim a ring the team won't give him and that he didn't contribute to? Big whoop dee doo. 

Antonio Browns Patriots Super Winner ***

Bernie Kosar has a ring with the Cowboys, he started just as many games, played in 4 total and almost certainly got a ring.

Not sure what point you're trying to make, but beyond AB played one game they could have easily won without him he has no legit claim to any Patriots success this season.

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

yes, lets argue this until we're blue in the face. You're trying to say that his contributions mean nothing. I wasn't commenting on that. If NEP win, then he gets to claim a "ring". Is that not the NFL rules?

I think John already answered your question and the answer is "no," he cannot claim a ring. Terry Glenn was on the actual team in 2001, but was suspended and Patriots decided to NOT give him a ring. Edgerrin James wasn't with the Colts when they won in 2006, but they gave him a ring. It's completely up to the team who gets one and who does not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

to be clear, that's not what Heza was asking. I could be wrong and he can correct me, but I don't think heza was saying an actual physical ring, but that AB can claim a superbowl championship. Or what some people say, "a ring".

Knowing AB he'll have a statue made of himself on his front lawn hoisting the trophy. Haha

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

to be clear, that's not what Heza was asking. I could be wrong and he can correct me, but I don't think heza was saying an actual physical ring, but that AB can claim a superbowl championship. Or what some people say, "a ring".

I understand a little better. Then if that's the case, I believe the answer is still no because he is not on the roster in any capacity, if they win the superbowl. 

I don't think there is a rule.  Other then the NFL will pay for 150 rings, capped at $5000 each.  Other then that, the team decides if they want to spend more then that, purchase more then 150.  Some teams have had smaller ones made for various front office employees.  It's all up to the team.