T-Scorp

Brown released by Patriots

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

yes, lets argue this until we're blue in the face. You're trying to say that his contributions mean nothing. I wasn't commenting on that. If NEP win, then he gets to claim a "ring". Is that not the NFL rules?

I think John already answered your question and the answer is "no," he cannot claim a ring. Terry Glenn was on the actual team in 2001, but was suspended and Patriots decided to NOT give him a ring. Edgerrin James wasn't with the Colts when they won in 2006, but they gave him a ring. It's completely up to the team who gets one and who does not. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I think John already answered your question and the answer is "no," he cannot claim a ring. Terry Glenn was on the actual team in 2001, but was suspended and Patriots decided to NOT give him a ring. Edgerrin James wasn't with the Colts when they won in 2006, but they gave him a ring. It's completely up to the team who gets one and who does not. 

to be clear, that's not what Heza was asking. I could be wrong and he can correct me, but I don't think heza was saying an actual physical ring, but that AB can claim a superbowl championship. Or what some people say, "a ring".

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

to be clear, that's not what Heza was asking. I could be wrong and he can correct me, but I don't think heza was saying an actual physical ring, but that AB can claim a superbowl championship. Or what some people say, "a ring".

Knowing AB he'll have a statue made of himself on his front lawn hoisting the trophy. Haha

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They don't have to give him anything. He violated a hundred different clauses in the teams conduct policy. He could have played in 14 games, doesn't matter. 

since he was on the team, AB could actually get away with having a custom ring made with his money that duplicates what the team does and it would be a championship ring.

• Confused 1

Just now, League_Champion said:

Knowing AB he'll have a statue made of himself on his front lawn hoisting the trophy. Haha

absolutely. And since he was on the team...

Just now, LordOpie said:

since he was on the team, AB could actually get away with having a custom ring made with his money that duplicates what the team does and it would be a championship ring.

Haha! He would totally do that. 

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I understand a little better. Then if that's the case, I believe the answer is still no because he is not on the roster in any capacity, if they win the superbowl. 

Just now, Shaft said:

I understand a little better. Then if that's the case, I believe the answer is still no because he is not on the roster in any capacity, if they win the superbowl. 

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that any player who is on the active roster at any point during the season gets to claim a superbowl championship if the team wins. I'm not sure taxi players can claim that, but the team can still give taxi players rings if they want. A few taxi players have gotten rings from teams in the past, but I'm not sure they're officially/technically a SB champ

I don't think there is a rule.  Other then the NFL will pay for 150 rings, capped at $5000 each.  Other then that, the team decides if they want to spend more then that, purchase more then 150.  Some teams have had smaller ones made for various front office employees.  It's all up to the team.

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

does anyone know that actual rule?

I thought that when the Eagles won there were players who didn't get rings and we're upset about it. They were on the roster for a minute. I'll try to see if I can find more on it. I may be wrong 

Edited by League_Champion

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

does anyone know that actual rule?

Can anyone here name a QB whose record in college was 15-13-1 in Division II but was a first round pick...a high first rounder?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I remember that when the Eagles won there were several players who didn't get rings and we're upset about it. They were on the roster for a minute. I'll try to see if I can find more on it. 

That's not what he's asking, though. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Can anyone here name a QB whose record in college was 15-13-1 in Division II but was a first round pick...a high first rounder?

Joey Flacco? University of Delaware Fighting Blue Hens

Or Carson Wentz?

Edited by League_Champion

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I remember that when the Eagles won there were several players who didn't get rings and we're upset about it. They were on the roster for a minute. I'll try to see if I can find more on it. 

I'm sorry, but there continues to be a misunderstanding. Maybe I'm the one who misunderstood?

I don't think Heza was asking about actual physical rings, but just the concept that AB is part of the history books of players who "won" a superbowl... even if he's not on the roster at the time.

I'm pretty sure that Belchik released a player a few years ago the night before a superbowl and promoted a player from the practice squad to the active roster, eventho that player was inactive, just so that player could be part of the superbowl winning roster.

Not an actual RING, just the concept of The Ring.

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

I'm sorry, but there continues to be a misunderstanding. Maybe I'm the one who misunderstood?

I don't think Heza was asking about actual physical rings, but just the concept that AB is part of the history books of players who "won" a superbowl... even if he's not on the roster at the time.

I'm pretty sure that Belchik released a player a few years ago the night before a superbowl and promoted a player from the practice squad to the active roster, eventho that player was inactive, just so that player could be part of the superbowl winning roster.

Not an actual RING, just the concept of The Ring.

My bad, the ADD is running amock

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Joey Flacco? University of Delaware Fighting Blue Hens

Or Carson Wentz?

Nope. 

here's the article....

"... and the one plus side to being cut on a Super Bowl team is if the Patriots win he’ll still get his Super Bowl ring. "

https://gmenhq.com/2012/02/05/patriots-ruthlessly-cut-tiquan-underwood-day-before-super-bowl/

That article is saying that eventho Tiquan Underwood was NOT on the active roster during the superbowl, the team would still give him a ring if they won. Obviously, NEP wouldn't give AB an actual ring, but I think Tiquan would've been considered a superbowl champion

7 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I know,  I know, pick me, pick me:yay:

wait, did he qualify for a Super Bowl ring? :thinking:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

I know,  I know, pick me, pick me:yay:

wait, did he qualify for a Super Bowl ring? :thinking:

That's what I think he means, not sure 

12 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

:lol: