[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown done with the NFL

DMD

13 hours ago, Brentastic said:

Sanity is basically conformity.  I wrote that in one of my songs.  It seems like AB is sick and tired of conforming the rules and behavior expected of him.  I don't know anything about law or depositions. I've been fortunate to have avoided courtrooms and law suits.  From a pure human standpoint, however, are you required to answer questions asked of you?  No is my answer.  If I don't like the questions being asked, regardless of 'why' I don't like them, then I would simply refuse to answer.  Right or wrong, seems like he is choosing his own path as destructive as it seems to us on the outside.  He clearly is done in the NFL at this point and unless he scales his rebellion way back, he will never return.  Seems like he is fine with that.  My dynasty teams could use him but we have moved on.

That sounds more an excuse for destructive behavior in his case than anything. Non-conformity should never be equated to a lack of sanity. There's nothing at all wrong with being different and marching to your own beat. But that is completely and obviously different from what is going on with AB.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, rajncajn said:

That sounds more an excuse for destructive behavior in his case than anything. Non-conformity should never be equated to a lack of sanity. There's nothing at all wrong with being different and marching to your own beat. But that is completely and obviously different from what is going on with AB.

How are you so certain?

Also, you’re kind of proving my point with relation to my song lyric. Because AB is not conforming to how YOU (and many others) think he should obviously be acting, you and many others question his sanity. You don’t know anything about AB other than what you have read yet y’all are CERTAIN he’s insane or has CTE.  Like I said, “sanity is basically conformity“.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

How are you so certain?

Also, you’re kind of proving my point with relation to my song lyric. Because AB is not conforming to how YOU (and many others) think he should obviously be acting, you and many others question his sanity. You don’t know anything about AB other than what you have read yet y’all are CERTAIN he’s insane or has CTE.  Like I said, “sanity is basically conformity“.

Actually sanity and insanity are medical terms.

Brown needs to hurry up and return to the NFL.  Given all the controversy he'll get no endorsements and he's got nothing else going for him.  He loves the game and it's the only thing he's good at.  C'mon dude, get some humility and get back to work.  I'm tired of holding your bench spot.

44 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you should've dropped him, then again, people drafted rothlessberger

I keep debating.  It's a dynasty league and while he's 31, he's still got a few good years of solid production in him.  I think the big problem is the leagues ability to punish players without them having a conviction.  if he takes the year off and gets that civil suit out of the way he'll be back in 2020.

5 hours ago, Brentastic said:

How are you so certain?

I haven't said any of the things that you're attributing to me. In fact, this is only the second post I've made in this thread. You're making an awful lot of assumptions, both about myself and Brown.

I have no idea if Brown has mental issues or if he's just another prima donna, dbag player. Either way, I stand by what I said. Non-conformity should never be confused with insanity. Not-conformity is a choice a person makes to not be like everyone else. It shouldn't be used as an excuse for destructive behavior. Insanity is a diagnosable medical issue that is not within a person's control. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I haven't said any of the things that you're attributing to me. In fact, this is only the second post I've made in this thread. You're making an awful lot of assumptions, both about myself and Brown.

I have no idea if Brown has mental issues or if he's just another prima donna, dbag player. Either way, I stand by what I said. Non-conformity should never be confused with insanity. Not-conformity is a choice a person makes to not be like everyone else. It shouldn't be used as an excuse for destructive behavior. Insanity is a diagnosable medical issue that is not within a person's control. 

Just to clarify...AB is not a non-conformist, he's insane.

19 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I keep debating.  It's a dynasty league and while he's 31, he's still got a few good years of solid production in him.  I think the big problem is the leagues ability to punish players without them having a conviction.  if he takes the year off and gets that civil suit out of the way he'll be back in 2020.

He was just released by somebody in our league this week, which means he's on waivers when they run Wednesday early AM. My team sucks and I'll have first chance, we're a keeper that skews dynasty (5 keepers, no contract/limits) and he could still have some value in the future. Since we have a deep bench I can stash him and its not like that hurts my 0-5 team's chances at anything. I hate having this tool on my team, any Steeler player really, but hard to pass up that potential. If he's not on a team come august 2020 he's not a keeper and it cost me very little. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Why would anyone want him on their ff team?

Potential.  Why does anybody want Josh Gordon?  Why did anybody want TO when he was doing his workouts on his front lawn. 

I have the roster spot to waste, the last roster spot in my league is regularly churned over looking for either somebody to help now or in the future. AB fits that role now. There isn't any other great FA that I see at this time, so I'm not wasting anything. 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Anyone who still has him on their ff team. 

Last I checked it was innocent until proven guilty. 

She didn't pursue anything until well after the Statue of Limitations expired and then her civil suit was conveniently timed when it would have been in his absolute best interest to settle and make it go away quietly.  And after some of the allegations took place, she went back, establishing a consensual nature to their relationship.  

But here's the key - I don't know any more than the media has put out there and they are a biased, self serving medium.  So it's not my place to judge the guy one way or the other.  He's a commodity and one that increased my odds of winning.  So yeah, if he's back in play, I'll start him.  

3 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Last I checked it was innocent until proven guilty. 

She didn't pursue anything until well after the Statue of Limitations expired and then her civil suit was conveniently timed when it would have been in his absolute best interest to settle and make it go away quietly.  And after some of the allegations took place, she went back, establishing a consensual nature to their relationship.  

But here's the key - I don't know any more than the media has put out there and they are a biased, self serving medium.  So it's not my place to judge the guy one way or the other.  He's a commodity and one that increased my odds of winning.  So yeah, if he's back in play, I'll start him.  

Well, then you just don't have the high morals that Lord Bag of Dicks has.

He was fine trading for AB on two of his teams when he pulled his crap at Oakland which are known facts. But now his supposed morals have kicked in and being a Lord, he has to preach to everyone else.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Anyone who still has him on their ff team. 

Your moral superiority must be a difficult burden for you to bear at times.

I have 47 players on my FF team in a league where approximately 750 players are rostered at any given time. I'm not gonna fault anybody for holding onto him or any player to find out if the allegations are actually true and to see if he can get his head on straight enough to be a good player again. I don't see how having him on your fantasy team has any impact on the real world whatsoever. I mean, I wouldn't want him on my team, but I don't see how it's a reflection on anyone simply by holding onto him and certainly not condonement of any sort. You may as well give up on the NFL altogether if your horse is that high.

Edited by rajncajn

Its a friggin fantasy football team, nobody is actually enabling a player by having them on their roster. This is nothing like whether an NFL team decides to retain the player or not when bad things come to light. 

All this moral superiority stuff is just trolling by Dopie. 

• DMD locked this topic