[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wayne Gallman worth picking up?

1fastdoc

Looks like he's the RB1 for NYG for a while and can catch a football but his numbers don't suggest he'll be putting up any 20+ FFP games.  But then perhaps he and Jones will have chemistry.  

I never watch NYG games so I haven't seen him play.  I'd be dropping Jaylen Samuels to pick him up but it's more the question of whether or not I give up my priority on the waiver wire.

He's nothing special. He's had opportunities in the past to produce and didn't do much. The only positive thing is there is no competition.

Eta: He is a decent receiver so there is value in Ppr.

Edited by Shaft

As a Barkley owner I'm not making a move for Gallman. Had him after the draft but cut him loose in waivers after week 1. I just don't see the upside. I might make a preemptive claim for CJ Anderson in anticipation of them signing him off the street. 

31 minutes ago, keggerz said:

As a Barkley owner I'm not making a move for Gallman. Had him after the draft but cut him loose in waivers after week 1. I just don't see the upside. I might make a preemptive claim for CJ Anderson in anticipation of them signing him off the street. 

http://www.bigblueunbiased.com/ny-giants-rumors-saquon-barkley-replacement-options/

39 minutes ago, keggerz said:

Yup, there have been some CJ Anderson rumblings around here. 

14 hours ago, Riffraff said:

I wonder if the Sith Lord Orleans Darkwa makes his presence known again.

He's not on the Giants or any other NFL roster at this time, and missed all of 2018 with an injury. He was in Browns camp for a while this summer. 

CJ Anderson, could be an interesting add. 

21 hours ago, keggerz said:

Same here.  Drafted as a handcuff and cut in week 2 actually.  I have him in my list (dropping AB), but he's not on top.

49 minutes ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

Gallman is worth having on any roster just to see what he does next week. I think the bashing has gone too far.

I agree he's worth having, I'm just saying he's done nothing special in the years he's been with the Giants and he has been given opportunities. I don't think it's bashing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I agree he's worth having, I'm just saying he's done nothing special in the years he's been with the Giants and he has been given opportunities. I don't think it's bashing.

Yea bashing is not the right word. It just seems like everyone wants to be contrarian and over correct the market.

4 minutes ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

Yea bashing is not the right word. It just seems like everyone wants to be contrarian and over correct the market.

True, good points. I'm definitely putting a waiver in for him since I'm last on the waiver wire. Lol

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

To be fair, he was drafted in 2017 so this would be his 3rd year. He's obviously not Barkley, so he shouldn't be expected to take the RB1 spot either this year or last. So really you're just talking about his rookie year.

He went to the #1 waiver slot, right in front of me. Not that I had expected a lot from him if I got him. Darrell Williams was also claimed off waivers. 

Not sure where CJ Anderson ends up, just read he was working out with the Texans yesterday but didn't sound likely to sign there.

I have been playing Fantasy Football now 30 years and yet still learning lessons.  I didn't backup Barkley on a single team with Gallman because I thought Gallman sucked and wasn't even sure he would make the Giants roster when I was doing my early drafts.  30 years into this game and still learning lessons.  I am a handcuff guy for your top picks most of the time.  I know some people are not "handcuff your own player" guys they steal others and hope for the daily double of their guys staying healthy and the other guy losing a DJ while they hold an Edmonds or whoever.

30 years in and still learning lessons the hard way.

• Like 2