[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montgomery

8rattoon

David Montgomery was the #1 trending topic on Twitter for a while with some less than pleased fantasy owners (and Bears fans). It is dumbfounding how they used him but he's mopping up at the end to salvage his value. But DM should have easily gone 100+ total yards and scored in this laugher.

Honestly I don't see how Montgomery is startable next week in FFL after this game. They've got Patterson in the game in the first half and a ton of Cohen. Trubisky looks downfield almost exclusively and does not have the check-down instinct like an Alex Smith in this same style offense.  

There's not gonna be any garbage time to pad the stats against Minnesota.

Back to the bench!

16 hours ago, DMD said:

David Montgomery was the #1 trending topic on Twitter for a while with some less than pleased fantasy owners (and Bears fans). It is dumbfounding how they used him but he's mopping up at the end to salvage his value. But DM should have easily gone 100+ total yards and scored in this laugher.

This

And I am starting to dislike Nagy for FF.   He talks all the same shiz  as the others I don't need to name.  I took DM because I thought it would be his gut.  we'll see

8 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

This

And I am starting to dislike Nagy for FF.   He talks all the same shiz  as the others I don't need to name.  I took DM because I thought it would be his gut.  we'll see

Writing was on the wall in CHI last year with regard to how they will use RBs in fantasy. Best to avoid them all, Nagy will use them differently during each game. 

18 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Writing was on the wall in CHI last year with regard to how they will use RBs in fantasy. Best to avoid them all, Nagy will use them differently during each game. 

Right but I thought since he didn't like Howard and now doesn't seemed very interested in Cohen that DM would be his guy.  :blink:

The Bears just don't have an offensive identity.  

Week 1 - Way too much passing and super gimmicky

Week 2 - Way too vanilla

Week 3 - Back to passing and the gimmicks

This was the game where they were trying to build MItch's confidence but it looks like it'll be a bumpy road for the next several weeks until the offense and play calling clicks.  I'm not panicking too much as D Mont has looked very good in his limited touches and has shown the ability to catch out of the backfield but the play calling and personnel is perplexing.

Watching Cohen run up the gut is infuriating.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, awahl63 said:

The Bears just don't have an offensive identity.  

Week 1 - Way too much passing and super gimmicky

Week 2 - Way too vanilla

Week 3 - Back to passing and the gimmicks

This was the game where they were trying to build MItch's confidence but it looks like it'll be a bumpy road for the next several weeks until the offense and play calling clicks.  I'm not panicking too much as D Mont has looked very good in his limited touches and has shown the ability to catch out of the backfield but the play calling and personnel is perplexing.

Watching Cohen run up the gut is infuriating.  

I think you hit the nail on the head exactly. The offense is too busy trying to be gimmicky and "smart" and diverse instead of focusing on just execution. Just focus on the best players and executing each play. It's like they think they cannot possibly match up with their opponent so they have to try to be cute.

Just run Montgomery and throw to Robinson, Gabriel and Miller. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. In football and in life, the difference-maker is always execution. 

Ignoring Trubisky, there were SIX players that carried the ball. Other than Montgomery, the five combined for 11 carries for 29 yards (2.6 ypc) and then Montgomery had 13-67 (5.2 ypc). They turned to Montgomery on the final drive of the game and gave him seven carries for 48 yards. Until that final drive, he only had six carries in the game while the rest had 11. That is pure lunacy.

What kills me is that when he was the offensive coordinator for KC, here is what he did with the backfield:

2017 - Kareem Hunt (rookie) - 272-1327-8 all other RBs 49-171

It's like Nagy wants the world to think that they win because of his inventiveness. The reality is that they win in spite of his harmful tinkering.

You should have read Twitter during the game, It was on fire about Montgomery and the play calling.

8 minutes ago, DMD said:

What kills me is that when he was the offensive coordinator for KC, here is what he did with the backfield:

2017 - Kareem Hunt (rookie) - 272-1327-8 all other RBs 49-171

I'm pretty sure Reid was calling plays. He may have let Nagy have a turn now and then, and he did this some in 2017, but typically the offensive coordinator in KC has helped with the game plan, and he then relays the calls to the QB during games on the plays called by Reid.

Nagy is definitely trying to use Reid's plays for the Bears though. You can see a lot of the same formations. But he clearly doesn't have the feel for the game or how to best use his personnel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMD said:

I think you hit the nail on the head exactly. The offense is too busy trying to be gimmicky and "smart" and diverse instead of focusing on just execution. Just focus on the best players and executing each play. It's like they think they cannot possibly match up with their opponent so they have to try to be cute.

Think part of this is also Nagy trying to build confidence in Mitch.  The reality is even hand gifting 3 TD games like this and Tampa last year, it doesn't prevent Mitch from reverting back to a pumpkin against average or higher defenses.  It is what it is at this point, and I'll flat out say it. 

Mitch is a bust. 

But Nagy is still going to continue to try and do everything possible to highlight Mitch and exciting offense, and just don't see that including Montgomery this year.   

Edited by Def.

21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

To think they took him before Mahomes and Watson. Nice!!!

In fairness, no guarantee they'd be any better off than Mitch was.  He did have to play under a Fox system for a year which didn't help any.