[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IR spot

Gourdeau

How do your leagues operate with the IR spot. In my league run on yahoo, Yahoo doesnt have restrictions on who can go on IR. So I made the rule that we can only place a player on IR that is actually designated IR in the NFL. Is that the standard rule ?

In our local on ESPN, a player can only be moved to or remain in the IR slot if he is listed (as designated by ESPN) as "IR" or "O" (out). If he is in the IR spot, and listed as Q, you must either move him to the active roster or drop him. If you don't do either, you can't add, drop or trade any players

We just follow Yahoo rules.  When Gordon held out Yahoo let me put him on IR.  Fine by me, now I can pick up another player.  BUT, after a week when I tried to add/drop Yahoo wouldn't allow it until I removed Gordon from IR, saying he was no longer eligible  By that point it didn't matter, 4 of my guys were listed as Out and they all qualify for IR in Yahoo.

He has to be designated as "out" to be placed on IR, per our rules.

If he's suspended or otherwise, he's not allowed on the IR. IR is just for that, injured. If you're not injured, you have no business being on someone's IR. I have to monitor this as Yahoo will still let you put him on IR since he's declared "out" and let the Owner know to reverse the move.

29 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

Pretty simple for my leagues.  Is the guy actually on the NFL IR a guy like Guice is on IR.  A guy like Brees is not on IR.

If on IR then you can put them IR if not then not.

I've always thought this was common sense but from what I'm reading with others it's not that simple in some leagues.