9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Not worth a roster spot right now. Don't forget that he's another one with degenerative knees. 

Agreed with that. But coming back after a lengthy layoff for recovery — could he be the right team/right time kind of fantasy player?

If you've got the bench spot available, go for it. He's not available in my league, somebody drafted him and has kept him the whole time. I'd grab him before somebody else does. As far as value, right now nothing. Potentially "something".

Here is an article from Friday showing who might be a good fit for Ajayi, of course before the weeks games, some situations may be different now. 

He might be worth a stash at this point but that is all. Hard to gauge his fantasy value when he's not even on a team yet, nor actually taking some snaps let alone touching the ball. 

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Here is an article from Friday showing who might be a good fit for Ajayi, of course before the weeks games, some situations may be different now. 

He might be worth a stash at this point but that is all. Hard to gauge his fantasy value when he's not even on a team yet, nor actually taking some snaps let alone touching the ball. 

If he has anything left at all he can help someone. I just don't know how long those knees can hold up. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

If he has anything left at all he can help someone. I just don't know how long those knees can hold up. 

Nobody will know until he is signed by a team and starts to play some. We've got deep benches, if he has potential long term value (doubtful) i'd stash him now. But since it would cost $2, and not help my crappy team I probably won't bother. 

I picked him up before Sunday, but after looking at my roster of DJ, Conner, Kerryon, D. Freeman, and Coleman...when would I ever start him even if he was productive? I do like to do things like pick up Ajayi for a week so others can't do it, I can see what plays out over 5-6 days, and then make it so he has to be claimed instead of straight added immediately off waivers. It's a good move if you have the bench space or (in my case) if you can drop someone that you KNOW won't be picked up by your league and you can get back if you want.

I picked him up in a couple of leagues this week, and was about to start a thread with the same question, then I saw this one.

My rosters are thinning due to injuries and bye weeks, so I figured what the heck.  Will hold for a couple of weeks to see if he pops up somewhere, then toss him back if not.  I dropped Goedert in both leagues, if anyone is curious.

30 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

I picked him up in a couple of leagues this week, and was about to start a thread with the same question, then I saw this one.

My rosters are thinning due to injuries and bye weeks, so I figured what the heck.  Will hold for a couple of weeks to see if he pops up somewhere, then toss him back if not.  I dropped Goedert in both leagues, if anyone is curious.

I'm shocked someone hasn't at least kicked the tires on Ajayi. 

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Same.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I think he's still fairly young 

Problem is that his knees are not.

16 minutes ago, DMD said:

Problem is that his knees are not.

He has no knees. He's bone on bone they say. He was in bad shape when in Philly. I'd like to see if he can resurrect his career as a change of pace type back. 5-8 carries a game maybe. 

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Maybe they're afraid of blowing out the tires?

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He running on rims 

Do sparks fly out his ass when he runs?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

Do sparks fly out his ass when he runs?

only when he's bone-on-bone.

14 hours ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

Well he’s doing workouts for teams next week so we’ll see!

Well alright! :pickle:

He is trying out with the Cardinals today.

11 minutes ago, Big John said:

He is trying out with the Cardinals today.

Makes you wonder about David Johnson...

20 minutes ago, DMD said:

Makes you wonder about David Johnson...

Dammit.  After the Chase Edmonds show, if DJ is done I'd expect Edmonds to take over like Conner and Ekeler.  

I'm thinking of trading Gordon away for Edmonds.