ericfincher67

Daniel Jones or Matt Ryan?

Recommended Posts

Ryan has been my starter from the start and has averaged 25.4 points per game.  Very consistent and reliable thus far.  

 

Daniel Jones is a hot topic right now and I can’t help but wonder if the hype is just that.  Who would you start?  Gamble with Jones or play it safe with Ryan?  I’m 3-0 and looking to protect my streak against my rival, my best friend whom I’m up against this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan over every QB every week not named Mahomes. Toss up between Ryan and Wentz and Brady and Wilson but...everyone else seems to be SOMEWHAT inconsistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know....I think DJ is legit.  This game with Washington should be a shootout and I HIGHLY doubt they try to feed the ball to Gallman....just sayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turbotooslow said:

Ryan over every QB every week not named Mahomes. Toss up between Ryan and Wentz and Brady and Wilson but...everyone else seems to be SOMEWHAT inconsistent. 

And Watson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In one league I have Ryan and Jones. In another Watson and Jones. I'm playing the wait and see approach. If he takes off, I have good trade bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, turbotooslow said:

Watson needs to prove it more. Looks like his floor is lower than we thought.

 

He had one subpar game against a great defense. The other games, 350 yards and at least 3 TDs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Please people, stop with the Daniel Jones orgy. It's one friggin game. OF COURSE you start Matt Ryan over him. It's not even a thought. 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel Jones will go off again. I wouldnt fault you for starting Ryan but I think Danny Dimes has another stellar performance at home against a friendly Washington D and perhaps no running game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Please people, stop with the Daniel Jones orgy. It's one friggin game. OF COURSE you start Matt Ryan over him. It's not even a thought. 

They are acting like Jones scored 60 points and even if he did...I'll take guaranteed 25 points over maybe 25. So dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaft said:

 

He had one subpar game against a great defense. The other games, 350 yards and at least 3 TDs.

 

I'm a Watson fan, but Matty played against the Vikes in Week 1 and still put up what, 26 points? Matt Ryan over almost everyone

Edited by turbotooslow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, turbotooslow said:

I'm a Watson fan, but Matty played against the Vikes in Week 1 and still put up what, 26 points? Matt Ryan over almost everyone

 

Agree. Matt Ryan sucks in real life but puts up great fantasy numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

I'm a Watson fan, but Matty played against the Vikes in Week 1 and still put up what, 26 points? Matt Ryan over almost everyone

 

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Agree. Matt Ryan sucks in real life but puts up great fantasy numbers. 

Ya'll are smoking something. I'm not saying Watson is better than Ryan, I'm saying he's in the that tier after Mahomes. Ryan has 8 TDs and 7INTs. Watson, 8 total TDs and 1INT. Watson also has more fantasy points with a tougher schedule up to this point. I like both, but saying Ryan above everyone else is laughable and I own him.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shaft said:

 

Ya'll are smoking something. I'm not saying Watson is better than Ryan, I'm saying he's in the that tie after Mahomes. Ryan has 8 TDs and 7INTs. Watson, 8 total TDs and 1INT. Watson also has more fantasy points with a tougher schedule up to this point. I like both, but saying Ryan above everyone else is laughable and I own him.

 

I totally agree. Watson is definitely a better fantasy and NFL QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also advised that sometimes it’s better to go with the matchup than the individual player.

 

Keep in mind that Ryan is up against a stingy Titans defense and Jones is up against a weak Washington D. 

Edited by ericfincher67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ericfincher67 said:

I was also advised that sometimes it’s better to go with the matchup than the individual player.

 

Keep in mind that Ryan is up against a stingy Titans defense and Jones is up against a weak Washington D. 

The stingy titans defense that Minshew threw 2 TDs on in the half last week? And Ryan is playing home this week and Atlanta has a weak running game. You can start who you want, but it seems like you're looking for confirmation to start Jones. Start him and I hope he goes off since I'm a Giants fan and own him in both of my leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta go Ryan. The only reason to start Jones this week is if you are in a situation similar to me; I am in a 10 man league and dont have a guy like Ryan and have been rolling with Josh Allen who has performed commendably this far. This week he plays NE so I sropped him and added the QB with the worst nickname in the NFL :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.