[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A.J. Green

millwright4

• 1 month later...

I know in my league (12 team) the FA wire is pretty dismal. If you have the room, I would keep him. Or if you need players, maybe dangle him out for trade bait. Some are more optimistic about his return and his effectiveness in that putrid offense.

3 hours ago, No Quarter said:

So now he's on track to play week 10 and the Bengals have benched Dalton. This has not gone well for those of us that drafted him late and been waiting.

Going to be a lot of owners burned the last few years. Josh Gordon owners basically every year.  Melvin Gordon. AJ Green. Antonio Brown. Kareem Hunt. People thought they were getting a steal for a low price. 

Now just when AJ comes back and might be good, he has a rookie QB throwing to him.  Who knows maybe he'll be better than Dalton but I wouldn't count on it

Edited by purplemonster

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

never draft injured players

The initial call was "a few weeks". Meaning game 1 and 2. Then it became a month then that became week 10...supposedly

That said one of the reasons I didn't draft Kupp this year was because he supposedly might be a little slow coming off of ACL surgery. Instead he came out with his hair on fire from game one

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

I drafted Green in round 7. I wouldn't have necessarily picked anyone better as I squandered my 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks this year on Robert Woods, Mike Williams and Tarik Cohen.

You make a good point.  AJ where he was selected in your draft may not be bad. He was 8th round in mine. And my 6,7,8 picks were Robby Anderson, Fuller, DJ Moore.  Fuller won me one week, then has been worthless.  DJ Moore steady if unspectacular, and Anderson a bust mainly so far.  AJ Green may be as valuable as any of them. 

9 hours ago, MonsterBall25 said:

In our league we have designated IR spots... someone drafted Green and dropped him week 3. I picked him and just stashed him on my IR. I am hoping someone goes all-in and sends me a trade for him next week.

And then we’ll hear about how your brother’s girlfriends sisters cousin was scheming against your cousins sisters best friend and they colluded and you didn’t get a chance to get value so you’re thinking about quitting all together

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i mentioned it else where so I'm not semi-joking... he self-IRed himself. I'd be surprised if he plays another game for CIN

Yes, we have you on record on this one, you might be correct.... the opposing view would be I would think he'd want to demonstrate he can still play.  Although, understandably he'd want to be at 100%.  I don't know if he will get the guaranteed contract he wants unless he can demonstrate he's ok, which makes me think he'd want to play if he can, but who knows

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Yes, we have you on record on this one, you might be correct.... the opposing view would be I would think he'd want to demonstrate he can still play.  Although, understandably he'd want to be at 100%.  I don't know if he will get the guaranteed contract he wants unless he can demonstrate he's ok, which makes me think he'd want to play if he can, but who knows

He only needs to show 1 great game.

Probably waiting for a good match up since Dalton is not playing anymore.  Or maybe they put Dalton back in if the new QB sucks really bad.