[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Godwin

jamesplante11

Godwin has been a must-start IMO. Yeah, his week 3 game sucked but there were multiple factors going into that - hip problem, Evans just absolutely going off, etc. Godwin is a top-12 WR in my eyes. I labeled him as a steal of the draft for a team getting him in the 4th round in my post-draft primer I wrote for our league.

1 hour ago, turbotooslow said:

Godwin has been a must-start IMO. Yeah, his week 3 game sucked but there were multiple factors going into that - hip problem, Evans just absolutely going off, etc. Godwin is a top-12 WR in my eyes. I labeled him as a steal of the draft for a team getting him in the 4th round in my post-draft primer I wrote for our league.

Agree. Multiple pay sites had him as a year 3 breakout candidate. Last year he was the 3rd/ 4th option behind Djax and Humphries. Now hes the clear option next to Evans and i actually believe from what I've seen thus far, he's Winston's guy. 

On 9/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, jamesplante11 said:

Is he a must start in PPR leagues now?

f'ing injury reports.  

Yes he is a must starter.  Said the man staring at Godwin on his bench while looking at a big fat L.  Godwin would have resulted in a W.  :pullhair:

I just posted this in another thread, he was injured and missed practice most of the week, thus he was questionable on the injury report. But he was active, and was reported he was likely to start early Sunday morning, long before line-up deadlines and 1PM games. Sure he was only known to actually be active when the list was provided by the team (something like 60min before kickoff), but this wasn't out of the blue.

From Huddle Player News that day

Posted 9/29/2019 8:28 am EDT
Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin (hip) is expected to play in Week 4's game against the Los Angeles Rams, according to a source.

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

f'ing injury reports.  

Yes he is a must starter.  Said the man staring at Godwin on his bench while looking at a big fat L.  Godwin would have resulted in a W.  :pullhair:

That made two of us.  Started Ross over him.  Well, I won't have that dilemma this week it seems.

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I just posted this in another thread, he was injured and missed practice most of the week, thus he was questionable on the injury report. But he was active, and was reported he was likely to start early Sunday morning, long before line-up deadlines and 1PM games. Sure he was only known to actually be active when the list was provided by the team (something like 60min before kickoff), but this wasn't out of the blue.

From Huddle Player News that day

Posted 9/29/2019 8:28 am EDT
Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin (hip) is expected to play in Week 4's game against the Los Angeles Rams, according to a source.

Of course, but how many times has a player been on the injury report for the vast majority of the week and then they play him or even start him, but he serves only as a decoy?  Because of all the injury reports on him, one figures that he won't necessarily be used to his usual quota or that his performance could be a bit sub par.   

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Of course, but how many times has a player been on the injury report for the vast majority of the week and then they play him or even start him, but he serves only as a decoy?  Because of all the injury reports on him, one figures that he won't necessarily be used to his usual quota or that his performance could be a bit sub par.   

True but it seemed (in the other thread) that people were acting like there was no report Sunday morning that he was likely to play. Only the questionable tag from missing practice, then suddenly active for a late game when they already sat him for a player who went in the early slot. 

12 hours ago, stevegrab said:

True but it seemed (in the other thread) that people were acting like there was no report Sunday morning that he was likely to play. Only the questionable tag from missing practice, then suddenly active for a late game when they already sat him for a player who went in the early slot. 

Actually, nobody said anything like that Steve. You went ahead and assumed that to be the case because people were complaining about the lack of quality reporting on injuries throughout the week. Dcat is right in both threads. If you hear broke, broke, broke and then last minute oh looks like he's gonna play its enough to probably question if starting said player in a late game is a smart decision. The reporting on injuries is all over the place and I believe half the time no information would be better than bullmanure information that is fabricated or totally conjecture. He didn't even look one bit slowed from that injury...you telling me zero reporters could get a better handle on this throughout the week?

Dynasty Analysis

Purely maddening. Godwin was benched in most lineups due to a hip injury lingering from week three and seemed to be on the doubtful side of questionable on Sunday. Instead, fantasy owners had to watch as he exploded, catching everything in sight and capitalizing on a defense trying to take away fellow receiver Mike Evans. Heading to New Orleans in week five, dynasty owners will want to continue monitoring Godwin's injury status but all indications are that he needs to remain in your starting lineup. Chris Godwin sits as DLF's WR18.

1 hour ago, seadogs said:

Actually, nobody said anything like that Steve. You went ahead and assumed that to be the case because people were complaining about the lack of quality reporting on injuries throughout the week. Dcat is right in both threads. If you hear broke, broke, broke and then last minute oh looks like he's gonna play its enough to probably question if starting said player in a late game is a smart decision. The reporting on injuries is all over the place and I believe half the time no information would be better than bullmanure information that is fabricated or totally conjecture. He didn't even look one bit slowed from that injury...you telling me zero reporters could get a better handle on this throughout the week?

Dynasty Analysis

Purely maddening. Godwin was benched in most lineups due to a hip injury lingering from week three and seemed to be on the doubtful side of questionable on Sunday. Instead, fantasy owners had to watch as he exploded, catching everything in sight and capitalizing on a defense trying to take away fellow receiver Mike Evans. Heading to New Orleans in week five, dynasty owners will want to continue monitoring Godwin's injury status but all indications are that he needs to remain in your starting lineup. Chris Godwin sits as DLF's WR18.

Actually, you're wrong. If you were savvy enough to use the proper resources, you would've seen either Adam Schefter's tweet at 3:54am on Sunday morning or TB beat writer Rick Stroud's tweet shortly after saying that Godwin is 'likely to play.' Thats more than 12 hours notice...I'd say Schefter + a beat writer is pretty good evidence. What you do with that information is up to you, but everyone (not you) saying that injured players are 'used as decoys' most of the time is completely wrong. In fact, I can't remember anyone other than ATL using injured players as decoys (Roddy a couple times, Julio a couple times)....and that was a long time ago. Follow the right people and you will get the right information.

• Thanks 1

What's so hard to figure out here guys? Just because someone says a player is good to go at 4 in the morning doesn't mean he's a good start. Especially after a week of not practicing or getting in a limited on a Friday. I can't fault folks for sitting someone after that week. It's not about who you follow, we all had that info and I'm pretty sure no one missed that he was going to play. 

• Like 1

I look at these reports with a large grain of salt, depending on the nature of the injury.  Most mild hip strains can be played through without too much difficulty.  A hamstring on the other hand is going to slow a runner down.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that coaches are taking a page from Sun Tzu's The Art of War: “The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”  Those injury reports are not for us to figure out who to play.  They're a great tool for spreading disinformation to the opponents so that their defense is not appropriately prepared. 

2 hours ago, loaf said:

What's so hard to figure out here guys? Just because someone says a player is good to go at 4 in the morning doesn't mean he's a good start. Especially after a week of not practicing or getting in a limited on a Friday. I can't fault folks for sitting someone after that week. It's not about who you follow, we all had that info and I'm pretty sure no one missed that he was going to play. 

Sure nobody is a lock to be a good start no matter what. So what do people want? They complain the injury reporting is crappy, yet there is a clear and valid report from trusted sources that he is likely to play MANY HOURS before kickoff and long before line-ups are due. They don't want to trust that, and its the crappy injury reporting fault, not their own decision making. 

Do they want some guarantee that the player isn't a decoy?  Or for the mid week injury to be ignored and not reported because he is still likely to play. The whole bit with trying to equate it to weather forecast shows purely irrational thinking, and IMHO pretty damn childish behavior. 

There's info out there each owner decides how to use it. But blaming the people providing info is just dumb. 

Honestly I'm just tired of grown men (presumably) whining like spoiled children. Its a rampant problem in our society, especially in meaningless (in the grand scheme of life) stuff like sports.