SouthtownWarriors

Barkley eyeing October 10th return

Recommended Posts

You should all be providing a source, preferably more than just "I heard/read it somewhere"

 

This article says it is still mostly likely Oct 20. October 10th is their Thursday game at the Pats. 

 

Still pretty dang impressive that's able to do this much so soon after the injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Not human

Seriously....I watched every game of his at PSU and this guy is the best RB prospect ever IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he does play Thursday, it seems silly by the Giants to hold him out this week.  If he's not healthy enough Sunday, then how is he healthy enough 4 days later?  Couple that with the fact that he gets 10 days between Week 6 and 7. Just seems like odd timing.  The minute or so clip of Saquad warming up with the team looked like a man who was 100% but what do I know?  I'm just saying, if he can't play this week, then they should hold him out next week and get another 10 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brentastic said:

If he does play Thursday, it seems silly by the Giants to hold him out this week.  If he's not healthy enough Sunday, then how is he healthy enough 4 days later?  Couple that with the fact that he gets 10 days between Week 6 and 7. Just seems like odd timing.  The minute or so clip of Saquad warming up with the team looked like a man who was 100% but what do I know?  I'm just saying, if he can't play this week, then they should hold him out next week and get another 10 days.


I agree. I’d wait until week 8 to turn him loose. But what do I know??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they think facing a defense that only had a few days rest and little time to prepare is a better situation. Or that having him return Sunday then play again in 4 days isn't good for him. 

 

Or maybe he still has only a very small chance of being ready to go for Thursday and the true expected return date is the following week on Sunday. 

 

Lots of possibilities beyond "they're idiots and don't know what they are doing"  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe they think facing a defense that only had a few days rest and little time to prepare is a better situation. Or that having him return Sunday then play again in 4 days isn't good for him. 

 

Or maybe he still has only a very small chance of being ready to go for Thursday and the true expected return date is the following week on Sunday. 

 

Lots of possibilities beyond "they're idiots and don't know what they are doing"  ;)

Hmmm. I just read every post in this thread and didn’t see anyone call the Giants idiots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 11:10 AM, Brentastic said:

Hmmm. I just read every post in this thread and didn’t see anyone call the Giants idiots. 

 

Nobody used the word idiots, just lots of "if he's not ready now, how could he be ready in 4 days, that's silly" and "but what do I know". Sure don't sound like somebody who think the Giants staff is making a wise decision. 

 

I offered several reasonable explanations for their actions, but of course you focused on something else instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.