[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Ross to IR

DMD

13 hours ago, stethant said:

Denver's defense is already bad and falling apart with injuries. With Flacco at the helm you're gonna have a 3-way race to 0-16.

I do not see a way for Cincy to turn this around with their o-line so shredded.

May have mentioned this elsewhere, Broncos are the only winless team not facing another one of the winless teams later this season. All the others have a minimum of 2 games, some have as many as 4 (Jets).

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

May have mentioned this elsewhere, Broncos are the only winless team not facing another one of the winless teams later this season. All the others have a minimum of 2 games, some have as many as 4 (Jets).

Yeah Baby!  Great news for my moribund Jets!  Gase is in the driver's seat now.  Superbowl bound for sure.  :headbang:   

(sigh)  Why did I have to be an impressionable 10 year old when Joe Namath rocked the NFL world in 1969?   

You think that fate was bad?  Well get this.  There I am, a 10 - t0 12 yrarsw old when all of the following happened that ruined my fandom for life:

1.  NY Jets and Joe Namath shock the world.  Makes me a Jets fan for life.  (and the Giants at that time were one of the perpetually worst teams in the league, so no temptation there).

2. That 1969 summer, NY Mets shock everyone by winning the pennant after a late July - September astonishing run, knocking off the heavy favorite Cubs in the National League and beating the "invincible" Orioles (who were predicted to win easily in 4 games).  Mets win in 5 games.  MLB world is astonished.  I grew up walking distance from Shea stadium so we always went to Mets and Jets games.  (and the Yankees were one of the worst teams in the late 60's, and they were in the Bronx, and my family were die hard Brooklyn Dodgers fans and National League all the way.)

3.  Lets not forget the NY Knicks.  In 1970 they slay the mgithy and invincible Lakers in the NBA finals.  Reed, Frazier, Bradley, Debusshere.  What a team.  And they won it again 3 years later>

All this happens between 10 and 12 years old.  Locking me in to Jets/Mets/Knicks for life.  So remember to be kind to me, everyone.  I am damaged.

Now can somebody tell me which states allow legal euthanasia?  Because that might be the only solution.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

All this happens between 10 and 12 years old.  Locking me in to Jets/Mets/Knicks for life.  So remember to be kind to me, everyone.  I am damaged.

Screw that Jets fan, your tears will continue to nourish my soul!

image.png.f489d2633e7c85335dffa6c1ad6ac39e.png

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Def. said:

Screw that Jets fan, your tears will continue to nourish my soul!

image.png.f489d2633e7c85335dffa6c1ad6ac39e.png

says the Dolphin fan!  HAhahahaha.  This is Marino's year, you know.

# of Dolphin Superbowl victories in this century = # of Jets Superbowl victories in this century = 0.  Until that changes... shhhhhhhh!  Geez.... have to teach Dolphin fans the rules every time  

Edited by Dcat
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

# of Dolphin Superbowl victories in this century = # of Jets Superbowl victories in this century = 0.  Until that changes... shhhhhhhh!  Geez.... have to teach Dolphin fans the rules every time  

Wow now you need to be a champion this century to be allowed to be allowed to talk sports. Pretty harsh. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

See, you'd think we'd be friends.  But no, damn yorkies gotta come in here with their holier than though attitudes telling you what you can and can't do.  Don't talk, don't eat that pizza.  Guess what, your pizza is (the really bad word)ing paper with red colored water on it.  Anything you have to roll should only be smoked.  Suck on that limp yorkers!

image.png.0e4d5e5f058dd36d8badce9854939dc4.png

:boxing:

(As a side, the last Jets/Dolphins game I was at was a good time.  Me and two Jets fans were drinking beers and badmouthing both our teams and all the stupid fans getting in fights at the stadium around us.  Course it was @ Sun Life stadium, same guys advised avoiding New York cause the hostilities were ten times worse during visiting Dolphins games.)

2 hours ago, Def. said:

See, you'd think we'd be friends.  But no, damn yorkies gotta come in here with their holier than though attitudes telling you what you can and can't do.  Don't talk, don't eat that pizza.  Guess what, your pizza is (the really bad word)ing paper with red colored water on it.  Anything you have to roll should only be smoked.  Suck on that limp yorkers!

image.png.0e4d5e5f058dd36d8badce9854939dc4.png

:boxing:

(As a side, the last Jets/Dolphins game I was at was a good time.  Me and two Jets fans were drinking beers and badmouthing both our teams and all the stupid fans getting in fights at the stadium around us.  Course it was @ Sun Life stadium, same guys advised avoiding New York cause the hostilities were ten times worse during visiting Dolphins games.)

all in good jest...  get it... jests.. My team.  the jests.  Our two fan bases have way more in common than we like to think. But I'm older.  Remember the Shula leaving the field uncovered (during a monsoon that was predicted) for the 1982 AFC Championship game against the Jets in order to soak the field to the point of pure mud. Made sure his Fish had the right shoes for it.  It worked. No Freeman McNeil run game or sturdy OL play for the Jets.  AJ Duhe sacked Richard Todd 3 times.   Game was over by daybreak before anyone even was awake.  And people think Belichick is a cheat?  I'd like to introduce you to Don Shula.  He always hated the Jets because they knocked the crap out of his high an mighty Colts in SB III.   Then there was the 51-45 Ot win with Kenny O TD waves to Wesley Walker and Toon.  Most exciting game I ever attended.  then there was the Miracle comeback form a thousand point deficit to win in OT at the meadowlands.  Great memories, my friend.  There were plenty of heartbreaking losses as well.  Like the fake spike "clock play".  Marino.  (And Pete Carroll was the Jets HC who lost his job after the Jets went on to lose the next 5 games after the fake spike or something hideous like that.)

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

all in good jest...  get it... jests.. My team.  the jests.  Our two fan bases have way more in common than we like to think. But I'm older.  Remember the Shula leaving the field uncovered (during a monsoon that was predicted) for the 1982 AFC Championship game against the Jets in order to soak the field to the point of pure mud. Made sure his Fish had the right shoes for it.  It worked. No Freeman McNeil run game or sturdy OL play for the Jets.  AJ Duhe sacked Richard Todd 3 times.   Game was over by daybreak before anyone even was awake.  And people think Belichick is a cheat?  I'd like to introduce you to Don Shula.  He always hated the Jets because they knocked the crap out of his high an mighty Colts in SB III.   Then there was the 51-45 Ot win with Kenny O TD waves to Wesley Walker and Toon.  Most exciting game I ever attended.  then there was the Miracle comeback form a thousand point deficit to win in OT at the meadowlands.  Great memories, my friend.  There were plenty of heartbreaking losses as well.  Like the fake spike "clock play".  Marino.  (And Pete Carroll was the Jets HC who lost his job after the Jets went on to lose the next 5 games after the fake spike or something hideous like that.)

Ya sorry, I love Shula.  But that Monday night miracle game was absolutely brutal.  We’ll definitely never live that one down.  

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

one of my most favorite plays was MIA vs NJY when Marino and Mark Ingram were the only two players out of 22 that knew what was going on... Marino fake spiked the ball at the goal line and Ingram jogged into the end zone with a TD.

It was Pete Carroll's rookie (and only) season as Jets HC and the Jets were one game out of the division lead.  The Jets had a rookie cornerback named Aaron Glenn (who turned out to be quite a good player BTW).  Marino motioned to spike the ball and all the players relaxed and before you knew it Marino had his target in the endzone sufficiently behind Aaron Glenn.  Never saw anything like that.  Jets went on to lose 4 more in a row and out of playoffs.  Leon Hess (then the Jets owner)  fired Pete Carroll after one season and hired perhaps the worst HC in NFL history, Rich Kotite.  He won a total of 4 games in 2 seasons before he was fired. 

One of the darkest times for this moribund franchise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It was Pete Carroll's rookie (and only) season as Jets HC and the Jets were one game out of the division lead.  The Jets had a rookie cornerback named Aaron Glenn (who turned out to be quite a good player BTW).  Marino motioned to spike the ball and all the players relaxed and before you knew it Marino had his target in the endzone sufficiently behind Aaron Glenn.  Never saw anything like that.  Jets went on to lose 4 more in a row and out of playoffs.  Leon Hess (then the Jets owner)  fired Pete Carroll after one season and hired perhaps the worst HC in NFL history, Rich Kotite.  He won a total of 4 games in 2 seasons before he was fired. 

One of the darkest times for this moribund franchise.

Don't think I've ever seen the fake spike used quiet as well again. Teams must be better at looking for it an not falling for that. Reminds me of that bit in Bad News Bears where they 1st basemen gets the ball from the pitcher during a meeting on the mound, then tags the runner out as they take their lead. 

• Like 1