[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams vs Seahawks (TNF)

League_Champion

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Oddsmakers list this spread as the tightest of the week, with Seattle going off as a 1.5-point favorite in the latest Rams vs. Seahawks odds. The over-under is 49. On the Rams vs. Seahawks money line. 

How do these guys do it? 

Carson with back to back 100 yard games.  

Really liking what this guy can provide in the offense.  Not the fastest guy and really doesn't get many passes.  What he does well is run between tackles with hitting it hard or being patient.  Just depends on the situation.

I am curious what the ref was calling roughing the passer for.  Matthews clearly did not hit him late.  He didn't hit him in the head.  He didn't fall on Wilson.  So what is the call?  That was an enormous call at that point in the game.  Another referee should have overruled if they saw it.  I am not a fan of either team but the roughing the passer baloney is crazy.  I guess you can't hit them at all just to be safe.  

14 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Think the Rams are having a letdown after their big game against the Bucs last week?

A letdown after a pounding by a team they expected to beat?  I thought letdowns come after a big win. 

I think teams have just figured them out more since late last year. Both their offense and defense. Seemed like early on they had something to prove with Gurley and ran it almost every play. Then Goff started getting going, but some passes were off (due to a good pass rush) and a few others were missed by the receiver. Once they went to a hurry up and stayed with it some in 2nd half their offense was clicking well. 

Carson did look pretty good in the game, I was afraid they were turning away from him at one point when Penny started having some success. 

55 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

A letdown after a pounding by a team they expected to beat?  I thought letdowns come after a big win. 

I think teams have just figured them out more since late last year.

I've been on this thought train since late last season. Teams have figured out how to scheme against McVay's offense and Goff isn't consistently getting WRs wide open on every other play now.   Goff made some tough throws last night in tight coverage; and that was impressive.  But, Goff is clearly a much lesser QB when pressured and needing to make plays outside the design.  

I question the long term $$ Goff got; as I believe his success was based on McVay's system.  Not sure that system dominates the NFC West much longer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I've been on this thought train since late last season. Teams have figured out how to scheme against McVay's offense and Goff isn't consistently getting WRs wide open on every other play now.   Goff made some tough throws last night in tight coverage; and that was impressive.  But, Goff is clearly a much lesser QB when pressured and needing to make plays outside the design.  

I question the long term $$ Goff got; as I believe his success was based on McVay's system.  Not sure that system dominates the NFC West much longer. 

Just read this:

"Goff’s 2019 numbers following Thursday’s loss: 63% completions (Russell Wilson is at an NFL-best 74%, which is also embarking on “all-time record” territory), 1,649 yards, seven touchdowns, seven interceptions, 7.4 yards per attempt, four fumbles, and no rushing ability. A season after nearly winning MVP, Goff has a passer rating of 83, which will place him in the depths alongside players like Andy Dalton, Kyler Murray, and Mitchell Trubisky."

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

This article may interest you since it basically says the problem is not McVay's system but Goff's performance in it.

I hear you on the $$ but the flip side is that it's not easy to find a good QB and with the Ram's success they're not getting anywhere near an early pick in the first round. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. The Goff decision isn't like a Trubisky. I think the Rams pay him unless the wheels totally come off this year.