[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Evans

1fastdoc

15 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Marshon Lattimore, enough said.

Ah, that makes some sense.  So now I'm wondering if Evans is an every week play going forward.  CAR next week and they're Def has been solid.  

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Chris Godwin has outplayed Evans in week 1 week 2 week 4 and week 5.

Can't blame that on Evans or Winston.  He's the better WR

I can blame it on Winston when Godwin is getting twice as many targets.

Edited by Shaft
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Chris Godwin has outplayed Evans in week 1 week 2 week 4 and week 5.

Can't blame that on Evans or Winston.  He's the better WR

Is it possible that Sherman locked up on Evans Week 1?  Maybe teams start making adjustments and start focusing more on Godwin.  I don't own shares of either WR, but seems a little early to declare Godwin as the Bucs #1 WR.

Maybe he is though.  Or maybe more of a 1a 1b type thing.

Edited by Bobby Brown

14 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Is it possible that Sherman locked up on Evans Week 1?  Maybe teams start making adjustments and start focusing more on Godwin.  I don't own shares of either WR, but seems a little early to declare Godwin as the Bucs #1 WR.

Maybe he is though.  Or maybe more of a 1a 1b type thing.

Sherman is a has-been dude.  He had a few good years in Seattle and people want to want to dub him as one of the best corners in the league

19 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Sherman is a has-been dude.  He had a few good years in Seattle and people want to want to dub him as one of the best corners in the league

The point being that Godwin wasn't a known commidity like Evans coming into the season.  Teams adjust and target shares change over time. There are a lot of games left.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

The point being that Godwin wasn't a known commidity like Evans coming into the season.  Teams adjust and target shares change over time. There are a lot of games left.  

He was a very known commodity coming into the season. Everyone knows his talent and he did a lot with it last year. Now he's really maximizing his talent this year. He was routinely going in the 4th round of fantasy drafts this year and in my League Primer article for our fantasy league I called him an absolute steal at his ADP. He's the real deal. A better Robert Woods.

1 hour ago, turbotooslow said:

He was a very known commodity coming into the season. Everyone knows his talent and he did a lot with it last year. Now he's really maximizing his talent this year. He was routinely going in the 4th round of fantasy drafts this year and in my League Primer article for our fantasy league I called him an absolute steal at his ADP. He's the real deal. A better Robert Woods.

Yea.  Mike Evans has 5 consecutive 1000 yard seasons.  Through 2 full seasons Godwin has yet to have one.  Godwin doesn't have Evans's resume and history as a bonafide WR1.  Teams cleary were more worried about stopping Evans coming into the season. Maybe Godwin is a better WR than Evans now; but that seems premature to state it as an absolute. 

Either way, Evans may now benefit in the latter part of the season because of Godwin's early performance.  And to the contrary, Godwin may find keeping up his early pace more difficult as teams start to scheme against him.  This really isn't a farfetched scenario never before witnessed in the annals of fantasy football or the NFL. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Yea.  Mike Evans has 5 consecutive 1000 yard seasons.  Through 2 full seasons Godwin has yet to have one.  Godwin doesn't have Evans's resume and history as a bonafide WR1.  Teams cleary were more worried about stopping Evans coming into the season. Maybe Godwin is a better WR than Evans now; but that seems premature to state it as an absolute. 

Either way, Evans may now benefit in the latter part of the season because of Godwin's early performance.  And to the contrary, Godwin may find keeping up his early pace more difficult as teams start to scheme against him.  This really isn't a farfetched scenario never before witnessed in the annals of fantasy football or the NFL. 

I'm not arguing that Evans has a better resume to start his career...AB didn't come in and immediately torch teams. Your first 2 years don't define you as a player. I'm a huge Evans fan. He's awesome. But I told people Godwin is insane before the first snap of the season...now he's proving it, maybe with the help of Evans, maybe not...

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Mike Evans will drive you absolutely insane. He'll vanish for weeks on end before having a monster game then do it all over again. 

Yes very inconsistent scoring week to week, something that I often don't notice if I don't have that player on my team. Plenty of big games (100+ yards & TD) with bad ones (50 yards or less no TD).

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yes very inconsistent scoring week to week, something that I often don't notice if I don't have that player on my team. Plenty of big games (100+ yards & TD) with bad ones (50 yards or less no TD).

Yup, he's very frustrating but hard to part with as well. I think of those 30 point games and can't quit him, haha. 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, Shorttynaz said:

Sherman is a has-been dude. He had a few good years in Seattle and people want to want to dub him as one of the best corners in the league

despite his walker getting  in the way, nice grab

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder who'd be a good target with a higher floor.  I'm thinking Dalvin Cook but my son has him and I know he won't trade with me (little dude knows better, lol).

Maybe I can get Michael Thomas if I package a RB2/3.

Edited by 1fastdoc
  • Confused 1