[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who else is 1-4?

cade_hall

I am struggling bad. All I needed last night was for Robbie Gould to kick for 6 points 6. That's it and I would have won. But no he misses 3 field goals and gives me five instead. This year for fantasy has been crazy, Who else is frustrated and ready to explode?

Edited by cade_hall

Happens every year, it's just your Tuesday, 1-4, fantasy hangover. Make some trades, drop Gould, and start fantasizing about winning the rest of the season outright. You will be 9-4 and laughing about this post. There's nothing wrong with dreaming. B)

It just seems like every person I play they have the easiest teams to play against and they put up crazy numbers against me but when they play anyone else they do terrible. It's like I have bad luck. I mean I lost by .9 points. All because of that random blocked field goal last night. I mean my luck is terrible. 

Nope 0-5 here, with a team that isn't horrible. I've lost 2 games by less than 10 points, another by about 15 and two blowouts. This week I basically faced Watson and Aaron Jones not much else, I had Fuller and not much else (basically our other players canceled each other out). If I played every team every week I'd win about 40% of the games. Only our total points leader would beat me every week.

I'm starting to look at trading players and signing players for future (keeper/dynasty league). I've been in this position too often, apparently I'm just not very good at this, or extremely unlucky (maybe both). 

I’m 0-5 also, not a bad team either. Have made trades that helped my team. Just can’t get things going together in the same week. I’m still trying to make my team better, if only it be for me to ruin other teams chances of making playoffs late in the season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cade_hall said:

It just seems like every person I play they have the easiest teams to play against and they put up crazy numbers against me but when they play anyone else they do terrible. It's like I have bad luck. I mean I lost by .9 points. All because of that random blocked field goal last night. I mean my luck is terrible. 

yep, played a guy this week who hasn't cracked 100 points all year. This week he goes off for 158, doubling his last week's score...lol. 1-4

Yep, right there with the rest of you. Played high score 4 weeks in a row, but my team is actually pretty good. I got Mahomes and Watkinsed in Week 1, Ne Def'd in week 2, Ingramed in Week 3, and Chubbed in week 4. Luckily I finally pulled one out this past week and have pretty good matchups going forward. Downfall was relying on Mayfield as my QB. Been trying to stream QBs since week 3, hopefully I can strike a bit of gold with Minchew, J.Allen, or Brissett for the rest of season. 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, Shaft said:

Happens every year, it's just your Tuesday, 1-4, fantasy hangover. Make some trades, drop Gould, and start fantasizing about winning the rest of the season outright. You will be 9-4 and laughing about this post. There's nothing wrong with dreaming. B)

Fwiw looked like it was holder/snapper issues as much as it was Gould.  Not that it matters to you because you only want production

I'm 0-5. I have good players and have scored well, every one just has their best game against me. After the first 4 games I was 0-4, and the guy that was 4-0 had only scored 20 more points on  the season than me, but I had 150 pts more scored against me. Then this last week i played against the guy that had Fuller.  It doesn't help that my first 2 picks were Adams and Hill.

17 hours ago, zing said:

I'm 0-5. I have good players and have scored well, every one just has their best game against me. After the first 4 games I was 0-4, and the guy that was 4-0 had only scored 20 more points on  the season than me, but I had 150 pts more scored against me. Then this last week i played against the guy that had Fuller.  It doesn't help that my first 2 picks were Adams and Hill.

Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail. Right now there is only one hammer and a large box of nails, so I'm the nail quite often ;)

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, zing said:

This happens, but if you are scoring above average consistently the wins will come and the other teams that just happen to play a team that had a down week the losses will catch up to them.

It is tough to not panic.

It's been a tough year to navigate.  I have stayed mostly on the good side of it but there are huge blowup performances each week from some atypical players and QBs being injured puts a damper on whole offenses.  And then if you get the good fortune of benefitting from players relating somehow to Miami or Cincy or the Jets.  And then inexplicable meltdowns from guys like Mayfield.  Maybe every year is somewhat like this but even with a good team all bets are off. 

On 10/8/2019 at 7:24 AM, cade_hall said:

In the exact same boat! I've got a fairly decent team, consistently in top half in scoring (10 team), but it's always something – lost first game of the year by .01 points (like, how!?), week three was a buzzsaw of Russ, Kupp, Cook, Cooper and Hooper (again, how!?) and just overall bad luck. Hoping to turn it around.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:27 PM, loaf said:

yep, played a guy this week who hasn't cracked 100 points all year. This week he goes off for 158, doubling his last week's score...lol. 1-4

5th outta 12 in PF, 2 outta 12 in PA