Sign in to follow this  
ARTAQ

Who thinks Herndon will play?

I need a bench spot and hoping I can drop Graham and play Herndon 🤯

Posted (edited)

There's an uncorroborated, one-man rumor on a Jets message board that Herndon will sit due to injury.  I am all over everything Jets and there is no other hint of this anywhere I can find.  So proceed with him at your own risk on that one.

He should get significant playing time on Sunday.  Significant.  Who knows how rusty he is.  Early on, there were a couple of games with critical drops, but then he began to be a force throughout the season.  The suspension was a real gut punch, but it had to be done.  DWI. way over limit and idiot caused multi-vehicle very bad crash at 5 in the morning on I-80 in Rockaway, NJ.  There were no injuries reported initially until word got out it was an NFL player and then all of a sudden an injury arose. Once there are injuries, dubious or not, it has to be a minimum of 4 weeks.  

Edited by Dcat
  • Thanks 1

Apparently he aggravated his hammy last Friday and didn't practice today, looks doubtful at this point. Unfortunate because I picked him up to play with Waller on his bye and now have to drop him for the scraps on the waiver wire

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Football Follies said:

Apparently he aggravated his hammy last Friday and didn't practice today, looks doubtful at this point. Unfortunate because I picked him up to play with Waller on his bye and now have to drop him for the scraps on the waiver wire

Yes, the injury has been corroborated.  The one guy rumor was actually correct.  (Everyone on the Jets board who slammed him for no corroboration is now apologizing).  Gase has said that he needs to see him practice before he plays.  We will know by Friday afternoon.  Even if he is active, there is no way to know how many snaps he will be limited to.  Too risky unless you are out of options for week 6.

• Like 1

Cutting him and putting in a WW bid for Everett. If I get him, great. If not I’ll hold onto Herndon until the weekend to see if he can go and if not drop him for a warm body who is playing. Guys like Cook, Witten, and Graham are available in our league. (Only 10 teams so WR and TE pool is fairly deep). 

1 minute ago, SeductiveNun said:

Cutting him and putting in a WW bid for Everett. If I get him, great. If not I’ll hold onto Herndon until the weekend to see if he can go and if not drop him for a warm body who is playing. Guys like Cook, Witten, and Graham are available in our league. (Only 10 teams so WR and TE pool is fairly deep). 

And congratulations on winning the best profile pic ever!