[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baker Mayfield explained

Dcat

zzzzzzzzz

BTW if they beat an inferior opponent (Ravens) then they should easily win the AFC North since the Ravens beat the Steelers who beat the Bengals.

What is Darnold's circle

play like crap - get hurt - come back and play like crap again - get hurt again - beat some really crappy (not just inferior) teams

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

zzzzzzzzz

BTW if they beat an inferior opponent (Ravens) then they should easily win the AFC North since the Ravens beat the Steelers who beat the Bengals.

What is Darnold's circle

play like crap - get hurt - come back and play like crap again - get hurt again - beat some really crappy (not just inferior) teams

It was supposed to be humorous. 

You, sir, are a curmudgeon.  One with zero sense of humor, no less.  Cranky as a hornet in virtually every response to everyone in this forum.  Why do you even read here? 

Lighten up Francis. 

And, humor aside, the cycle for Mayfield is thus far 100% on the money, particularly the "calling out" immaturity he shows everywhere.  Making no claims about Sam Darnold here, but you are incorrect about last year anyway... he was terrible, got injured, then played well in December and was rated among the top QBs in the league that month. Then he got sick before this season.  When did he ever get hurt again?  Nice try, but a swing and a miss, which seems to be par for the course for you.  Check the 3rd base coach as to what you should do next.  Meanwhile, feel free to place me on ignore, since you will never enjoy anything I post.  Thanks in advance, and have a nice season.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Everybody thinks they are a comedian. I have a sense of humor, I just don't find this funny. 

Hmm Baker played well last year, set the rookie TD record. I guess we'll ignore that...

PS love the lighten up Francis line, now that manure was funny. 

PPS  I never listened to the base coaches

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Everybody thinks they are a comedian. I have a sense of humor, I just don't find this funny. 

Hmm Baker played well last year, set the rookie TD record. I guess we'll ignore that...

PS love the lighten up Francis line, now that manure was funny. 

PPS  I never listened to the base coaches

Calm down, why so butt hurt? He sucks this year, what does last year have to do with anything? And no Steve, you don't have a sense of humor. You are about as dry as it gets. Hope you have me on Ignore still. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, isleseeya said:

Baker is good. Can be great at times but man he is so early into his career. Learning curve doesn’t disappear overnight even though he had great 10-12 Game stretch last season. I think he will be fine 

After 5 games this year, how can you honestly say Baker can be great? The only reason anyone can say he can even be good is based on last year. He looks absolutely terrible this year. Bad o-line, blah, blah, yeah. His decision making is so far below average.

Edited by Vikings>Packers

I think another aspect of Mayfield is that he's had, and will have, a crappy schedule. He has never played against a defense that is easier than #15. He's played in NYJ, BAL and SF.  What's worse, is that he faces Seattle this week (#19) for his softest matchup so far. Then after his bye, he plays @NE (#4), @DEN (#2) and BUF (#3) so he is not going to improve any time soon.  Granted, their inability to punch in TDs is perplexing, but CLE had it stacked against them from the start with their schedule. All the AFC North QB situations suck other than BAL because Jackson runs.

22 minutes ago, DMD said:

I think another aspect of Mayfield is that he's had, and will have, a crappy schedule. He has never played against a defense that is easier than #15. He's played in NYJ, BAL and SF.  What's worse, is that he faces Seattle this week (#19) for his softest matchup so far. Then after his bye, he plays @NE (#4), @DEN (#2) and BUF (#3) so he is not going to improve any time soon.  Granted, their inability to punch in TDs is perplexing, but CLE had it stacked against them from the start with their schedule. All the AFC North QB situations suck other than BAL because Jackson runs.

Not sure it is worth trying to reason with people, especially those that clearly hate on Baker and probably haven't watched him play a lot in the NFL. 

He was an unknown last year, and most of the teams they had a lot of success against down the stretch were not very good. 

I guess people were expecting him to be Mahomes this year. He is still a franchise QB and worth building around. Not the bust some are making him out to be. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, loaf said:

I hate that I see more Baker Mayfield commercials than highlights. That O-line is atrocious. No more evident than against the 9ers. We have to trade for Trent Williams

Yes, the O-Line is terrible. But he's missing reads and WIDE open receivers by 5 yards. It's not just the o-line. He's playing about as bad as a QB can play right now.

It is interesting that when a hyped player is drafted into the NFL they are expected to be HOF material right out

of the box. Not allowed to have a learning curve of any sort. There was a time that a drafted QB didn't see the

field for a couple of years. There was a reason for that. Now it is immediately to the field and be a HOF QB right now.

Amazes me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, loaf said:

He's running scared and anticipating pressure. If he wouldn't fear getting trampled, you might see what we saw last year. Look at last year's O-line stats compared to this year's

That's because he locks in on the hot read and panics when it's not there, even forces it at times. He had guys open all night and flat out missed them. That's not on the o-line. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

If I was a GM, I'd focus on a pro-bowl OL before any other part of the team.

agree,

unpopular trade HOU with MIA, but Watson protection looked better since trade.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

noooo, don't quote bobby, i have that less humorous version of stevegrab on ignore.

but yes, a HC/OC who can't coach up an OL means the personnel dept is broken. Regardless, I'd continue and continue to draft/acquire OL until my line was dominant and then I'd draft a QB. How many potentially great QBs failed because they were destroyed?

Way too many

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

And perhaps a coach/OC who can put him in a better position to make plays. Teams are dialed in on him right now. 

On Thursday night it certainly seemed like he was trying to hit a big play on almost every pass.  Holding onto the ball waiting for long route trees. Didn't see many quick hitting routes.

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

On Thursday night it certainly seemed like he was trying to hit a big play on almost every pass.  Holding onto the ball waiting for long route trees. Didn't see many quick hitting routes.

I agree 100%. He never takes what they give him. I think bringing in OBJ was a huge mistake. It changed the entire dynamic.