[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs Patriots (TNF)

League_Champion

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

They're just flat out not enforcing the rule. This should have been an EASY overturn for the NFL weasels, not just because the foul was clear but because it would have no material outcome on the game - Patriots winning at that point was beyond doubt. Follow the rules with no undesirable effect on the game outcome. 

Maybe they should come out with a manual that explains how they pick and choose which rules to follow?

At the end of the day it just degrades the product. NFL better wake up on this. They can still be hands-off on the ticky-tack stuff and call the clear fouls.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Bye bye Mike Nugent

By who?  There are not a lot of quality kickers sitting around waiting for an NFL team to call. Heck half the league seem to have kickers that can no longer make XPs and mid 40yd FGs. 

Not sure what has happened, we've had 32 teams for a while now and I don't remember so many bad kickers. 

12 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

:shrug:

300+ yds passing

2 rushing tds

2 rushing TDs should be as good as 2 passing TDs. Unless rushing TDs don't count, or are worth less, both of which would be odd. Its not like his game against BUF (150yds, 0TD, 1INT)

21 minutes ago, stethant said:

They're just flat out not enforcing the rule. This should have been an EASY overturn for the NFL weasels, not just because the foul was clear but because it would have no material outcome on the game - Patriots winning at that point was beyond doubt. Follow the rules with no undesirable effect on the game outcome. 

Maybe they should come out with a manual that explains how they pick and choose which rules to follow?

At the end of the day it just degrades the product. NFL better wake up on this. They can still be hands-off on the ticky-tack stuff and call the clear fouls.

That was odd, I believe the "rules expert" (any former NFL official apparently counts) said it wasn't called PI because it didn't impact the ability to catch, or some such nonsense. Looked pretty clear to me. Seems that they have a real problem overturning bad calls, even when they are pretty obvious. 

4 hours ago, stethant said:

I understand that the NFL does not want to get in the habit of overturning no calls based on a little tug here or  there. But the Pats cornerback was holding down the guy's right arm. It wasn't subtle, I don't know what else you would need to see.  Either have the rule or don't.  

In the NFL's defense I will say if you have to pick one extreme I prefer this extreme so that we don't get as many challenges.  But it brings into question whether the rule should exist at all if you aren't going to call many  obvious PI

Addendum: I just realized I added absolutely nothing useful to your comment and basically just echoed it. :D

Edited by purplemonster
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, League_Champion said:

This is a disaster. Why even have the rules and video replay if not enforcing it anyhow? And then make the coaches challenge a play that they can't win anyhow? It's a total disgrace. 

On top of that, the team challenging loses a timeout.  This is absolutely effecting the outcome of games on multiple levels.  If the aren't going to enforce it, get rid of it!

47 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

On top of that, the team challenging loses a timeout.  This is absolutely effecting the outcome of games on multiple levels.  If the aren't going to enforce it, get rid of it!

I could not agree more. This has turned into a disaster that's costing teams games. It's making these games unwatchable. 

3 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

That's a great point.  I think they realized the mess they made when they made the rule so then decided to not enforce it unless it's among the worst PI imaginable, but that's not how the rule should work really.  It's either PI or it isn't.  And yes, some cases are gray, but some of these not getting overturned aren't gray.  It's confusing and costly.  

Edited by purplemonster