[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Challenging Pass Interference

XFlash

HOU @ KC

Pick play with Kelce

Why even have the rule if it will not be enforced?

I think the intent was to only give coaches a challenge in case the officials make another blunder.  I do not recall yet a call reversal this regular season.

2 minutes ago, XFlash said:

HOU @ KC

Pick play with Kelce

Why even have the rule if it will not be enforced?

I think the intent was to only give coaches a challenge in case the officials make another blunder.  I do not recall yet a call reversal this regular season.

It's totally useless. The NFL makes you challenge a play that they won't reverse anyhow?? WtF? 

8 minutes ago, XFlash said:

I do not recall yet a call reversal this regular season.

Seattle at Pittsburgh.  It was a non call overturned  and fairly ticky tack.  https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/9/15/20867586/al-riveron-explains-the-overturned-pass-interference-non-call-in-steelers-vs-seahawks-nfl-news

Also there was an auto TD call review in Minnesota that resulted in a controversial overturn.  As always, there is no consistency and it's another knee jerk NFL band aid attempt failure. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Seattle at Pittsburgh.  It was a non call overturned  and fairly ticky tack.  https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/9/15/20867586/al-riveron-explains-the-overturned-pass-interference-non-call-in-steelers-vs-seahawks-nfl-news

Also there was an auto TD call review in Minnesota that resulted in a controversial overturn.  As always, there is no consistency and it's another knee jerk NFL band aid attempt failure. 

It's all very confusing. As a coach I'd be hesitant to throw the flag at all. 

Have seen several calls overturned. Thought I heard a story during pre-season that virtually all challenges of a called PI were upheld, while maybe half the non-called PI resulted in a PI (overturned initial call). Seems they really want this one to only be overturned if very obvious. The inconsistency is annoying, I thought when they went to review by officials back at NFL HQ (instead of an onsite 'replay official' in a booth) that things would be more consistent.

i don't know how to bring a quote from another thread in here but I brought up pick plays and this new rule in March. Not a single reply to it so it languished and fell on deaf fingers...Now, here we are and the biggest gripe about this rule is the pick play. In case you can't see it, I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back for getting something right for once

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, loaf said:

i don't know how to bring a quote from another thread in here but I brought up pick plays and this new rule in March. Not a single reply to it so it languished and fell on deaf fingers...Now, here we are and the biggest gripe about this rule is the pick play. In case you can't see it, I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back for getting something right for once

:pc: Here it is:

• Like 1