[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zach Ertz bust

ThatDude

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

I certainly wouldn't call him a bust and i dont know about a huge disappointment.   We expect more out of ertz and kelce but most weeks I'll take 10 and 17 points from my tight end even if it's kelce or ertz.  If they are facing a bottom 5 defense against tight ends, I want more.

This is also why I never reach for a top 3 tight end in the 2nd or 3rd round.  They are wildly inconsistent compared to the 7th - 12th WR you can get in the same spot.  

And for this season,  with injuries to both the KC and Philly wide receivers, it makes sense that defenses take away kelce and ertz and let hardman and agholor try to beat them.

Thank you. Ertz has had a HIGH floor at the very least.

On 10/13/2019 at 3:09 PM, turbotooslow said:

Really? He hasn't had less than 10 points in any ppr game this year and there is still over a quarter and a half left in this game.

You guys are absolutely wild...idk how that's a bust but maybe TE floor of 10 points is too low for y'all? I'd take it all day. He's been solid.

Not everybody plays PPR, he was a TD machine last year, took him 5 weeks to get his first TD. He consistently gets yards and catches, but when he's supposed to be a stud, an elite player at his position, and isn't close to the top TE it is frustrating. 

Right now he is 25 points behind the top TE, 15 behind 2nd and only 6th in TE scoring. 

Elite guys should be more than solid.   

Scoring in a non PPR league 5 9 6 6 12 4 (top TE is Hopper 8 3 19 13 8 19)  which would you rather have?  Which cost more during the draft?

Not a bust, but not meeting expectations. And still considered a top 2 TE by most experts. 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, purplemonster said:

The team has been without Jeffery and Desean Jackson for stretches which may hurt his value as teams can definitely focus on him.  If you have him just have to hold on.  

Winner winner chicken dinner. Having DJax stretch the field and draw that S over to help cover, really opens up the middle of the field. Without that outside threat, defenses have really been clogging up the middle and trying to take Ertz off his routes and denying Wentz his security binkie. His return (at some point :eyeroll: ) should help Ertz #'s start to climb.

I panicked when someone grabbed Kelce the pick before me (3:11) and I reached for Ertz at 3:12. Like everyone else, his point totals aren't what I hoped for at that slot but I'm looking for a better 2nd 2/3 of the season out of him.

33 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

if a player is in the top 10, but having a very rollercoaster year and a FFplayer chases points, then that FFplayer will have a very disappointing year because none of us are very smart. So if you chase points from a volatile player, you will be wrong more often than right.

Just embrace the volatility.

I don't draft TEs high ever so I'm good. Tonight was a bit concerning though. 

Just now, LordOpie said:

sorry, my post wasn't directed at you, just owners who can't accept volatility. You can't win if you avoid the rollercoaster.

what about tonight was concerning for you?

Yeah I figured. Eh, I guess if Ertz came down with that crazy bomb it'd be different but I've watched a handful of Eagles games this year and Wentz doesn't seem to be looking Ertz's way as often as Ertz owners would like.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

Yeah I figured. Eh, I guess if Ertz came down with that crazy bomb it'd be different but I've watched a handful of Eagles games this year and Wentz doesn't seem to be looking Ertz's way as often as Ertz owners would like.

And that’s why wentz is a shell of his former self... embarrassing tonight that was pathetic and he should thank Nicky TDS for the ring he wears on his hand! And where’s league champion tonight not gonna defend your boys quick to shoot daggers other teams ways but when your team sucks still sitting in the corner sucking your thumb and flipping people off from the sidelines 

:moon:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

1 minute ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

And that’s why wentz is a shell of his former self... embarrassing tonight that was pathetic and he should thank Nicky TDS for the ring he wears on his hand

Uhhh no. You're completely wrong on that. Wentz had a bad night but he was the clear-cut MVP that year before he went down. He's  a very good QB and if you think otherwise after one bad game I'd have to question your football IQ. I already do, actually.

18 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

Uhhh no. You're completely wrong on that. Wentz had a bad night but he was the clear-cut MVP that year before he went down. He's  a very good QB and if you think otherwise after one bad game I'd have to question your football IQ. I already do, actually.

Nah really just a shot at someone else... catch up young man my IQ is broad and I’ve seen more football than you know playing and coaching and I did fantasy from USA Today before the internet easy access back in the day on scratch paper....sarcasm is a fickle bitch keep up young grasshopper

I know wentz is a good qb don’t question that! ... but when you have a showing like that tonight suck it up iggles fans and own it you just got powned by your deepest rivals and arch enemy and don’t throw stones at glass houses... especially undefeated ones... aimed at one fan ;) and like I already said you should thank god every day for Nicky TDS and that ring you wear on your finger

B)

It’s funny back in the good old days on this board I’d have tons of cowboy fans supporting my thoughts... oh well just rinse and repeat with nonsense these days.... Hugh one Whomper where are you???

and BJ I know Hugh probably wasn’t a cowboy fan but just saying the convos were epic and it sucks now with all these others and no one knows but the people who were here at those times

•  
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

It’s funny back in the good old days on this board I’d have tons of cowboy fans supporting my thoughts... oh well just rinse and repeat with nonsense these days.... Hugh one Whomper where are you???

and BJ I know Hugh probably wasn’t a cowboy fan but just saying the convos were epic and it sucks now with all these others and no one knows but the people who were here at those times

•  

Lol sucks that you don't have homers supporting your thoughts. Must be tough! If you need homers to support your thoughts it must be that, well, your thoughts are biased? 

Edited by turbotooslow
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

•  

Vikings fan.

My second TE is Jimmy Graham and I'm starting to consider swapping him for Ertz. Of course at 1-6 it really doesn't matter.

Ertz is 7th in scoring in our league with 47 points, Graham is 11th and 8 points back. 

Ertz weekly scores 5, 9, 6, 7, 12, 4, 4

Graham weekly scores 9, 0, 0, 12, 4, 2, 12  more peaks to go with the valleys.

The two zeros were bad, only 1 target in each of those games. 

I thought he was a stud, elite TE worthy of a keeper slot... what a disappointment

Last year Ertz frist 7 games - non PPR league rounded points

5-48-0 = 5pts

11-94-0 = 9

5-73-0 = 7

10-112-0 = 11

10-110-1 = 17

7-43-1 = 10

9-138-0 = 14

he finished with 116-1163-8,

in 7 games this year he has 35-404-1, projected for a season that is 80-920-2  down significantly, even more at TDs.

If its a PPR league it may not seem as bad, but near complete disappearance of TDs is killing his value. Targets are only down a little (8.4/gm vs 9.7/gm last year), so it isn't an issue of them not using him enough. 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

Lol sucks that you don't have homers supporting your thoughts. Must be tough! If you need homers to support your thoughts it must be that, well, your thoughts are biased? 

Nah just remembering the good old days before all this... could really give a sh!t less about both teams just fun when there was 250 posts in a thread any given day and fun content back and forth now just crickets... but you weren’t around then so I don’t expect you to understand