Sign in to follow this  
1fastdoc

Is Melvin Gordon going to be a stud again?

Anyone with the inside tract in LA?  I only see highlights of the games but it looks like Ekeler has been the go to on passing plays.  I wish LA had traded Gordon since I have both. 

hard to say, but the chargers did not look good in general.

• Like 1

Losing Pouncey for the year wlil hurt the OL.  I still think Gordon will be good ROS but I don't think they will have the same success as last year.

Pouncey and Okung missing from their O-line hurt them bad.  Add in the secondary IR and injuries and no true stud LB and Chargers are looking weaker every week.

No time to throw and/or let plays develop and not trouble staying consistent on stopping other offenses.

They should have traded Gordon for either picks or some O-line help. It worked so far for HOU trade with MIA.

• Like 1

short answer : NO. 

OL is horrible at best and Gordon will be rusty until next year. Bad combo. 

I think he will pick it up a bit. The O-line is terrible but he is in a contract year. He needs to post good numbers or lose a crapload of money. At least I hope so, I have him in all but one league.

He will be just not for the LAC they will trade him next week 

On 10/17/2019 at 6:16 PM, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

He will be just not for the LAC they will trade him next week 

Traded for what?  LA has all the tacos they need. Maybe a chicken salad sandwich and a small coke? Naaaaa. Who'd do that?  

1 minute ago, boltnlava said:

Traded for what?  LA has all the tacos they need. Maybe a chicken salad sandwich and a small coke? Naaaaa. Who'd do that?  

Not sure what all that means.  But I know the Cards are trying out RBs right now.  I doubt they make that kind of move.

29 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Not sure what all that means.  But I know the Cards are trying out RBs right now.  I doubt they make that kind of move.

Really? I mean he is dead weight on the roster and no one will want him. Pretty clear what all that means. 

Really? I mean he is dead weight on the roster and no one will want him. Pretty clear what all that means. 

I just thought it was funny.  He's not dead weight but I doubt anyone will pay what the Chargers will ask.

10 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

I just thought it was funny.  He's not dead weight but I doubt anyone will pay what the Chargers will ask.

He's dead weight. What makes you say he is not? He cannot get a yard given a mulligan without fumbling twice! That is not OL play that is RB play. He has a piss poor ypc and cannot do even what he used to do. Which was come into a game and gain 5 yards on 2 carries to get into the endzone. That was what he used to do. Holding out proved what he is. Overvalued, overpaid and disgruntled. Dead weight.  

He's dead weight. What makes you say he is not? He cannot get a yard given a mulligan without fumbling twice! That is not OL play that is RB play. He has a piss poor ypc and cannot do even what he used to do. Which was come into a game and gain 5 yards on 2 carries to get into the endzone. That was what he used to do. Holding out proved what he is. Overvalued, overpaid and disgruntled. Dead weight.  

Holding out did not ruin his career.  It may have ruined most of his season but the Chargers are pretty bad.  I personally wished he sat out the whole season selfishly because I'm killing it in a league that I have Ekeler.

2 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Holding out did not ruin his career.  It may have ruined most of his season but the Chargers are pretty bad.  I personally wished he sat out the whole season selfishly because I'm killing it in a league that I have Ekeler.

ok. you know better. GL to your team and ECKLER. I'm out.

I have been following Gordon his WHOLE career.  I went to a rival HS.  I've always hoped he did well.  I didn't want him to hold out originally. 

doesn't usually work out too well.  We can just disagree I guess.  

I've always felt like Ekeler was the better player and he proved that he could be a number one back when Gordon was out. They've been terrible since Gordon took over. 

Ekeler was good last year too. I picked up Gordon for cheap when he was holding out assuming that the roles would go back upon his return.  Now I'm stuck starting both of them although if Gordon keeps putting up poor numbers I may just bench him.  I'm hoping he gets traded to a team that will use him as a workhorse.  Not holding my breath though.