[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did I fare in this trade?

d0ubleE

12 team, half ppr, added second flex instead of TE

I traded Alshon Jeffrey straight up for Josh Allen. 

My Team: 

QB: Goff

RB: Barkley, Ingram, Hiliman, Gus Edwards, Tarik Cohen

WR: Allen, Thielen, Lockett, Jeffrey, McLaurin, Hunter Henry

His Team:

QB: Wilson, Allen, Newton

RB: Kamara, Mack, Drake, Damien Williams,
WR: Evans, Hilton, Robby Anderson, Hooper, Anthony Miller, Engram

My rationale is Goff can't be trusted (despite a very + matchup this week), I have lots of options at receiver, and Jeffrey's next 5 weeks don't look great (DAL, BUF, CHI, BYE, NE). What do you guys think of this trade? Thanks!

48 minutes ago, saman1812 said:

Allen can't be trusted either. QB is so deep that trading a WR 2 for a backend QB1 borderline QB2 may have been an overpayment. 

Allen is one of the most solid high floor QBs over the last 20 games.

He has scored 20 Fantasy points in all his games going back to last season except the one game he was knocked out of.
He also has a ridiculously nice schedule over the next 5 weeks.

45 minutes ago, JAWN said:

Allen is one of the most solid high floor QBs over the last 20 games.

He has scored 20 Fantasy points in all his games going back to last season except the one game he was knocked out of.
He also has a ridiculously nice schedule over the next 5 weeks.

What kind of scoring is it? I have Allen as my backup and he’s scored 16, 22.2, 18, 8.7 and 17.5. I do like Allen’s schedule looking ahead I just don’t see where his production has been as good as you mentioned. As for the trade I don’t see anything wrong with it, Goff is hard to rely on and you’re still set on receivers without Jeffery.

1 minute ago, Carolina24 said:

What kind of scoring is it? I have Allen as my backup and he’s scored 16, 22.2, 18, 8.7 and 17.5. I do like Allen’s schedule looking ahead I just don’t see where his production has been as good as you mentioned. As for the trade I don’t see anything wrong with it, Goff is hard to rely on and you’re still set on receivers without Jeffery.

His lowest point today in my standard, 6 pt. TD league was the same as yours but he got knocked out of that game. Or maybe I'm mixing that up but regardless it was against the Pats. He does have a high floor for his time as a starter. I'd trust him honestly. He should only get better.

10 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

His lowest point today in my standard, 6 pt. TD league was the same as yours but he got knocked out of that game. Or maybe I'm mixing that up but regardless it was against the Pats. He does have a high floor for his time as a starter. I'd trust him honestly. He should only get better.

Ah mine is 4pt td so that might be the difference in the other games aside from the one vs the pats. And yeah I think he’s a solid option because he is a running threat too. I did kinda the same thing as you a couple weeks ago when I traded Jeffery for Kyler Murray since Allen and brissett were on a bye. Now I have Allen and Murray and I’m torn between which one I should start this week. So I understand where you’re coming from. 

7 minutes ago, Carolina24 said:

Ah mine is 4pt td so that might be the difference in the other games aside from the one vs the pats. And yeah I think he’s a solid option because he is a running threat too. I did kinda the same thing as you a couple weeks ago when I traded Jeffery for Kyler Murray since Allen and brissett were on a bye. Now I have Allen and Murray and I’m torn between which one I should start this week. So I understand where you’re coming from. 

I hear ya, I'm not OP though haha. I'd start Murray. He's looking better and better and better and they run tons of plays which means tons of opportunity.