[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Year Commish needs some advice

SoularTydes

So two guys just had a trade accepted and it's being processed right now. There's a little talk about this trade being unfair and that I should veto it. I wanted a second opinion on if they are unfair or fine. 

Team 1 RECEIVES David Johnson

Team 2 RECEIVES Jimmy G and Matt Breida

If you guys need more context on what each guys team looks like I can list that as well. Thanks in advance for the advice!

So the team lists will be a little weird because these guys also had another trade before this one and there are a lot of dropped players which I will tag appropriately. Team lists will be listed before both trades.

Other trade was:

Team 1 RECEIVES Russel Wilson

Team 2 RECEIVES Jarvis Landry, Metcalf, and D Hop

Both teams are 2-4

Team 1: QB Jimmy G, Josh Allen RB Michel, Howard, Breida WR D Hop, OBJ, Marvin Jones, Hollywood Brown, Metcalf, Cooks, Landry, TE Hooper and Cook

Team 2: QB Russel Wilson RB David Johnson, A. Jones, McCoy, Montgomery Penny(dropped) WR Ty Williams, Jeffery, Adams, Curtis Samuel, James Washington(dropped)  TE Henry, Howard(dropped)

Edited by SoularTydes
More context, team lists and formatting, records

16 minutes ago, SoularTydes said:

So two guys just had a trade accepted and it's being processed right now. There's a little talk about this trade being unfair and that I should veto it. I wanted a second opinion on if they are unfair or fine. 

Team 1 RECEIVES Jimmy G and Matt Breida

Team 2 RECEIVES David Johnson

If you guys need more context on what each guys team looks like I can list that as well. Thanks in advance for the advice!

It might be plenty fair because it probably helps the needs of both teams.  Others may not like it, but suppose the guy trading away Johnson is already super-stacked at RB, but desperate at QB?  Getting Breida back gives him a decent option if he needs to plug in a RB instead of Johnson.  They are about 10 points/game apart on average.   We need to see the needs of both teams, but I don't smell anything suspicious here unless it doesn't match up with both teams' needs.  That is always the perspective I take as a commish in evaluating trades.   

I'll bet the team getting Johnson is already doing well and the one giving it up is feeling a bit desperate.  But that's ok.  If the others in the league hate seeing the strong get stronger, then they should do some trading themselves and stop complaining.

Edited by Dcat

2 minutes ago, SoularTydes said:

Added team lists and records 

So much for the team trading away Johnson being stacked at RB.  It isn't.  Was he that desperate for a QB?  To be honest, I might actually like Josh Allen over Jimmy G in most games.  Not liking this trade, but I'd ask both GMs to post their reasoning for the rest of the league to read.  If they can't do that, then there could be a problem