League_Champion

KC vs Broncos (TNF)

LordOpie, you wonder why you rub people the wrong way and people say that you're one of the reasons why many have left this board. I'll tell you. It's instances like this thread where a guy is just sharing info that he had, which obviously turned out to be true and pretty damn specific btw, and you brow beat the guy for not wanting to give his source until he thinks he's the one being a jerk. Info like that can be like gold in fantasy football, but you're too wrapped up in your own ego of being Lord of the board to see that. If I were him I'd never feel like I should share anything I'd "heard" with this board again. In fact I've felt that way myself for a good number of years here and had I not still had a good amount of folks still here that I've built a relationship with then I'd have left right along with all of the others. Now I find myself regretting it half the time I do post something on the main board. This place used to be able to police itself for the most part, but at some point that became frowned upon and long time Huddlers started getting banned for calling people out. So, yeah, rather than call you out for being a complete ass, I took the "passive aggressive" approach and tried to encourage the guy to share info when/if he's able to get it. But if you think I'm afraid to speak my mind in an open forum then you don't know me very well at all.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

QB sneak with an already injured QB?

Exactly, wtf were they thinking... just stupid

40 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

LordOpie, you wonder why you rub people the wrong way and people say that you're one of the reasons why many have left this board. I'll tell you. It's instances like this thread where a guy is just sharing info that he had, which obviously turned out to be true and pretty damn specific btw, and you brow beat the guy for not wanting to give his source until he thinks he's the one being a jerk. Info like that can be like gold in fantasy football, but you're too wrapped up in your own ego of being Lord of the board to see that. If I were him I'd never feel like I should share anything I'd "heard" with this board again. In fact I've felt that way myself for a good number of years here and had I not still had a good amount of folks still here that I've built a relationship with then I'd have left right along with all of the others. Now I find myself regretting it half the time I do post something on the main board. This place used to be able to police itself for the most part, but at some point that became frowned upon and long time Huddlers started getting banned for calling people out. So, yeah, rather than call you out for being a complete ass, I took the "passive aggressive" approach and tried to encourage the guy to share info when/if he's able to get it. But if you think I'm afraid to speak my mind in an open forum then you don't know me very well at all.

paint fence

• Like 1

I didn't barely watch the game at all. All I saw was literally the sneak and about five other plays and I was begging Andy Reid not to run Mahomes on that sneak bx I could see it coming.  That's just not good decision-making to be using your star quarterback on a short week with a gimpy leg and using him to sneak into a heavy pile. 

Obviously Andy Reid knows a lot more about coaching than I do. But if I was coach today I would be telling Mahomes not to be taking hits. Don't run the ball don't be taking hits. Throw it away, live to fight another day.  He had 10 days to heal up after this game and they were likely going to win anyway. Just seems silly to me. 

I don't know much about knee dislocations but it sounds much better than blowing out your knee, as long as there is no ligament damage I'm guessing. Hopefully he's alright and it's nothing long term. 

Poopy midgets

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heading into the all-important MRI today, here is where it stands for #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes: He’s expected to be out at least three weeks with a dislocated kneecap, but there is some real optimism from those involved that he can play through the ailment after that

Popping knee cap back in

kinda gruesome to look at 0:50 sec mark

At least he was walking normal afterwards.  I hope good new for him after MRI.  Great player to watch play the game.

Madden curse strikes again!

From Rapsheet 

The MRI has confirmed the #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap, but not significant additional damage, sources tell me and @JamesPalmerTV. He’ll seek additional opinions to be sure. The plan is for him to return this season after a brief absence.

• Like 1

My unprofessional guess is he misses next 4 games. Bye week 12 returns week 13 vs Raiders to be ready for Week 14 vs Pats

16 hours ago, Shaft said:

The commentators were just saying it's not a good idea to do a QB sneak because of his ankle and they do a QB sneak!

Yep and he hurt his knee, on the other leg. Is it possible the ankle injury contributed to the knee injury on the other leg? I suppose, but this seems more like a freak injury (don't ever recall seeing a serious leg injury to a QB on a sneak) that would have occurred regardless of his ankle injury.

14 hours ago, rajncajn said:

And I'll enjoy you waiting for nothing. The guy was 100% spot on and shared info that wasn't yet available anywhere else. That's good enough for me. 

Dopie being Dopie, so much better to just ignore his stupid posts. Just trying to stir manure up, maybe he's paid to do that so the Huddle Forums don't look dead. 

It's good to hear it's not too serious. The NFL needs Mahomes. People are ripping Andy Reid for calling that play which is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What is he supposed to do, put him in bubble wrap? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Yep and he hurt his knee, on the other leg. Is it possible the ankle injury contributed to the knee injury on the other leg? I suppose, but this seems more like a freak injury (don't ever recall seeing a serious leg injury to a QB on a sneak) that would have occurred regardless of his ankle injury.

I posted it right after it happened before the actual injury was announced. Yeah, the two don't appear related. 

20 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I posted it right after it happened before the actual injury was announced. Yeah, the two don't appear related. 

Sorry didn't mean for that to sound like I was taking a shot at you. I knew people would criticize Reid for it, and question the logic in having an injured QB sneak it. But based on the injury, and how it happened seemed unlikely that the ankle injury impacted this. 

Just now, stevegrab said:

Sorry didn't mean for that to sound like I was taking a shot at you. I knew people would criticize Reid for it, and question the logic in having an injured QB sneak it. But based on the injury, and how it happened seemed unlikely that the ankle injury impacted this. 

All good, I didn't take it that way. I still think it was a bad decision. He's like the Steph Curry of the NFL because he brings so much excitement to the game, and I'm going to miss his games for a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

All good, I didn't take it that way. I still think it was a bad decision. He's like the Steph Curry of the NFL because he brings so much excitement to the game, and I'm going to miss his games for a few weeks. 

I played against him last night, and hated to see him get hurt. I was hoping it was not serious, and would have applauded if he returned.