[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's start top 10 BUST of the year...

Mr Mojo Risin

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

DJ is the 6th overall RB in PPR and less than ten points away from 4th overall.  He's scored more points thus far than Elliot, Kamara, and Barkley (granted, probably due to injury probably more than anything else).  

You have awfully odd metrics for a bust. 

He’s also the guy who insisted anybody who passed on Zeke for Johnson during his hold out was a moron. So if Johnson is a bust than what is Zeke?

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

He’s also the guy who insisted anybody who passed on Zeke for Johnson during his hold out was a moron. So if Johnson is a busy than what is Zeke?

Zeke has definitely been underperforming. His safe floor has protected him from him becoming a "bust," but he's definitely underperforming. 

Really depends on how you define a bust, and that's all over the board based on the posts so far

From my team (all scoring info relative to my league) 

Goff - 20th in QB scoring, not hurt, not really missing players around him, no new coach or offense, just not putting up the numbers, at least he didn't come at a high cost since I traded for him before we turned in keepers and got him for essentially a 9th round pick (and kept him instead of another average RB/WR).

Adams - injured so that's the reason, but still sucks relative to what was expected, was really good in one game 

Ertz - this was a mirage once I looked at the data, compared to last year first 6 games his scoring is not that much lower. Somebody else posted stats recently, it was like 10 receptions, 120 yards and 1 TD less.  But still, 6th best scoring TE, should be top 3 (15 points ahead). 

13 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

He’s also the guy who insisted anybody who passed on Zeke for Johnson during his hold out was a moron. So if Johnson is a busy than what is Zeke?

Yea, he said something to the effect of any RB being picked after Zeke sucked and would never put up his type of numbers. 

Dude just kind of throws a bunch of crap against the wall without any foresight or hindsight.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

Here's the ADP for 0.5 PPR.  I can't really diaagree with Juju and Mixon being at the top.  Both high expectations and a huge thud.  Damien Williams too although I think there was a lot more doubt with him.  Same with AB.  OJ howard I mentioned because to me he's the most inexplicable bust, although not the biggest.  I get that coaching changes things but the guy went from an exciting rookie to going to the witness protection program, with a pretty explosive offense. Juju doesn't have his QB, Mixon has a horrible OL and a terrible offense.  

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/half-point-ppr-overall.php

One biggest nonbust has been DJ.  I thought he might bust and he's been one of the most consistent players in fantasy putting up good numbers.  Bobby and I discussed that preseason and he definitely won that argument.  

Edited by purplemonster

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Here's the ADP for 0.5 PPR.  I can't really diaagree with Juju and Mixon being at the top.  Both high expectations and a huge thud.  Damien Williams too although I think there was a lot more doubt with him.  Same with AB.  OJ howard I mentioned because to me he's the most inexplicable bust, although not the biggest.  I get that coaching changes things but the guy went from an exciting rookie to going to the witness protection program, with a pretty explosive offense. Juju doesn't have his QB, Mixon has a horrible OL and a terrible offense.  

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/half-point-ppr-overall.php

One biggest nonbust has been DJ.  I thought he might bust and he's been one of the most consistent players in fantasy putting up good numbers.  Bobby and I discussed that preseason and he definitely won that argument.  

Agreed. I think I started a whole thread on DJ being overrated, I stand corrected. 

25 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He's a bust depending on where you drafted him. Not what the piece of paper tells you. 

Where did you draft him? Hypothetically, if he was the 6th pick, how is he a bust?

ETA: I just double checked his stats and he is NO where near a bust unless you drafted him as your first pick. Even then, he's doing okay.

Edited by Shaft

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I didn't draft him but he went anywhere from 4-10 in my drafts. I don't know about you but I need more production from my 1st overall pick. 

4-10 is perfect. With this logic, Zeke and Kamara are busts. In his worst game, he still scored a TD.  To each their own. 

I had David Johnson the last three years,  loved him in 2016, 2017 he got hurt, 2018 a complete bust (I think is o-line is in CInny this year) .   With that said he was in my opinion over value before the draft  and there was no way was i drafting him, but with that said he has been very solid each week, I missed on that one. 

I live in Tampa and surprised how much every one loved OJ Howard, I have always thought he was over rated.  The problem is people see some athletic plays he makes once every four games and thinks he is really good.   He has iffy hands and seems his hearts not in it.

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

It wasn't an argument, just different opinions.  I went early into the year cold on DJ; but the restructured coaching, personnel, and offensive system lead me to think otherwise.  And it's not like Arizona is putting up a ton of points; if their offensive output improves; DJ's already solid performance stands to improve also.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't get the OJ Howard love either. He's been a disaster. 

Yeah. I got suckered into him by some buddies.  What a mistake.  Last year I had Kelce and Kittle on my big money team.  what a let down.  I thought he would be Kittle this year.