[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Game time decision

WD85

41 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I'd suggest starting a player you know is going to play. That way, if life gets in the way of you making a last minute change, you're not getting 0. And if you can make a last minute change, then great!

Agree with this. I usually set my lineup expecting the player to be out and if I have time and the status changes before the game I make the decision of whether it's worth the risk if putting them in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed with the previous. Game-time decision means they want to see the player in pre-game warmups before deciding if he is to be part of the 46 players allowed to be active on game day or if he is one of the 7 who is not. In most cases, it is a player that would be playing still somewhat hurt unless it is like determining if he passes the concussion clearance. In a few cases, teams won't say in advance they are sitting a player so that their opponent has to waste time preparing to play him.

14 hours ago, Big John said:

It means the team doesn't know whether he will be able to play.  Have to wait until 90 minutes when the inactives are announced.  Hurts if that team is a late game.

And even if the player is NOT put on the Inactive List, that doesn't mean he is going to start or even play necessarily.  If he does play, he could be a decoy or otherwise ineffective.

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And even if the player is NOT put on the Inactive List, that doesn't mean he is going to start or even play necessarily.  If he does play, he could be a decoy or otherwise ineffective.

Not to mention, coaches have been known to put players on the questionable list when they are perfectly fine just to keep the other team guessing.

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Not to mention, coaches have been known to put players on the questionable list when they are perfectly fine just to keep the other team guessing.

<cough, cough, bill, cough, belichick, cough, spit>

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Amari Cooper comes to mind on this one! Gonna bench him for this exact reason, even with the juicy matchup.