Sign in to follow this  
NYpkBLUE22

Your team that looks good on paper but has a terrible record?

So in one league I’m in it’s a 12 man .5 ppr league. My starting roster is

QB:Watson

WR: Hopkins

WR: Julio

RB: Gurley

RB: Melvin Gordon

TE: Hockenson

FLEX: Michel

that team is 1-5. 

Anybody else have anything similar?

That team does not look good on paper. :lol:

• Like 1

Your team that looks good on paper but has a terrible record?

every f'ing year, at least one or 2.

Edited by Dcat

5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

That team does not look good on paper. :lol:

How not? You have 5 big name players. 2 of the top 3 best WRs coming into the season and perennial talents like Gurley and Gordon at RB. Watson was one of the most hyped QBs who would go off the board usually after Mahomes. 

The RBs obviously take a hit with Gordon being out and Gurleys ailment but overall it seems to me to be exactly what looks good on paper is — being the production of the big names isn’t there. 

Edited by NYpkBLUE22

I have an ESPN team that is 1-5. It is probably my strongest team. I've run into a buzzsaw every week! I should be 6-0. That's just the way it goes sometimes. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I have an ESPN team that is 1-5. It is probably my strongest team. I've run into a buzzsaw every week! I should be 6-0. That's just the way it goes sometimes. 

Man, that’s the worst. Hang in there! What’s your roster??

3 minutes ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

How not? You have 5 big name players. 2 of the top 3 best WRs coming into the season and perennial talents like Gurley and Gordon at RB. Watson was one of the most hyped QBs who would go off the board usually after Mahomes. 

Big names don't mean anything in the

Not

For

Long

3 minutes ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

The RBs obviously take a hit with Gordon being out and Gurleys ailment but overall it seems to me to be exactly what looks good on paper is — being the production of the big names isn’t there. 

Personally, I avoided Gurley and Gordon at all costs during drafts. As soon as I looked at that roster I cringed. I learned a long time ago having a luxury car that can't drive is not really luxury.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Personally, I avoided Gurley and Gordon at all costs during drafts. As soon as I looked at that roster I cringed. I learned a long time ago having a luxury car that can't drive is not really luxury.

I drafted from the 12 spot though and went Hopkins, Julio on the snake. The first 11 guys grabbed all the RBs. I traded Sammy Watkins away for Todd Gurley after his 1 week blow up (idk what the guy was thinking) so the value there made sense. Gordon I took a 6th round gamble on. I drafted Michel thinking this was his year. 

Trust me i’m all about not chasing names. This team just happened to have big names after that Gurley trade that was too good to pass up and Gordon deciding to return to the Chargers after 5 weeks.

Edited by NYpkBLUE22

I understand your points and frustration, I've just seen teams win championships because they navigate the market the right way. I'm talking about winning championships with Matt Asiata and Mike Wallace. At the end of the day, only the results matter. But yes, we've all been there.

A team in our 12 team league (play QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (non QB):

Main roster is:

Watson

Fournette

Kerryon

McCoy

Hopkins

Lockett

Ty Williams

Golden Tate

Josh Gordon

Waller

Andrews

He won week 1 and lost 5 straight.  3rd highest points scored and 2 in Points Against.  Every week he goad against a top 3 score.

Wentz

Cook, DJ, Jacobs, Coleman, Edmonds

Hill, Godwin, Cooks, Fuller, Crowder

Waller

Just traded Barkley/Shepard for Hill/Coleman before this week.

I'm 2-4.

Not great on paper, but better than 1-6 and know I'd have 2/3 more wins if I faced the schedule some teams in my league have.

QB: Goff

RB: Carson, Jacobs (Coleman, LatMurray)

WR: Adams, Fuller, Anderson (Golden Tate, Corey Davis)

TE: Ertz (Graham)

D: Bears

K: Myers

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not great on paper, but better than 1-6 and know I'd have 2/3 more wins if I faced the schedule some teams in my league have.

QB: Goff

RB: Carson, Jacobs (Coleman, LatMurray)

WR: Adams, Fuller, Anderson (Golden Tate, Corey Davis)

TE: Ertz (Graham)

D: Bears

K: Myers

That's not a bad team at all. Definitely not a 1-6 team. 

J.Allen

DJ

Carson

J.Jones

A.Cooper

A.Robinson

Zuerline

Streaming Ds

Lost by 6 this week because of the DJ debacle, and now sit at 2-5. Most points scored against, 2nd in scoring for.

Poo poo plater....