[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nagy

8rattoon

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

No doubt. He's the worst coach that I've seen since Rich Kotite, and I mean that. What the hell exactly was his game plan today? And he can't think on his feet at all, he looked confused. 

How the hell did they go 9-2 to finish out the season last year and should have won their first round game?

This made me laugh. I was looking at the box score for Chicago and thought "I'll never, ever again draft any player that has Nagy as a coach." I have watched a ton of football in my life and I have never seen such a senseless use of players and what plays are called. I am not kidding - I just do not understand what in the hell he is thinking other than he loves to think he is being strategic when all he needs to do is execute plays. At half time, they were only down 12-10. And they had run the ball four times - just once with the "primary" back Montgomery and three times with third-down back Cohen. He only ran once more in the entire second half.

Trubisky threw 54 passes but only gained 251 yards on 34 completions.  I honestly do not think Trubisky is anywhere near this bad. I think Montgomery on another team might be a good back. But I will agree. I just do not get Nagy. It's like he starts out thinking he is already down by 20 points. At home no less!!!

I give up on Nagy. I honestly do not think he has any idea how to run a football team. I just do not see any sign that says he does.

43 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

The most confusing part of that article is Nagy complaining about only 17 rush yards while only running it 7 times.  It's not great but it's 2.5 yds per rush.  Nobody can get a rhythm rushing it once per quarter. 

Good point. I haven't read the article but that stat is telling in itself. Freaking A...what is he doing? It's like he thinks he has to 'maximize every second of the game' and 'running plays waste clock.' What an idiot. 2-1 odds he's fired before the end of the season.

Nagy is as bad a coach as there is, but that does not make Trubisky any less bad. He can't hit receivers in stride, he can't hit receivers sitting in a zone, he can't hit RBs in the flat, he can't read the field and he locks on to his first reads in a way that even Jay Cutler thinks is too much.

6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

The most confusing part of that article is Nagy complaining about only 17 rush yards while only running it 7 times.  It's not great but it's 2.5 yds per rush.  Nobody can get a rhythm rushing it once per quarter. 

He's a petulant child.

I've seen every Bears game this year. Admittedly, DMont has no vision or burst but the real problem is play design and a poorly blocking line.

13 hours ago, DMD said:

This made me laugh. I was looking at the box score for Chicago and thought "I'll never, ever again draft any player that has Nagy as a coach." I have watched a ton of football in my life and I have never seen such a senseless use of players and what plays are called. I am not kidding - I just do not understand what in the hell he is thinking other than he loves to think he is being strategic when all he needs to do is execute plays. At half time, they were only down 12-10. And they had run the ball four times - just once with the "primary" back Montgomery and three times with third-down back Cohen. He only ran once more in the entire second half.

Trubisky threw 54 passes but only gained 251 yards on 34 completions.  I honestly do not think Trubisky is anywhere near this bad. I think Montgomery on another team might be a good back. But I will agree. I just do not get Nagy. It's like he starts out thinking he is already down by 20 points. At home no less!!!

I give up on Nagy. I honestly do not think he has any idea how to run a football team. I just do not see any sign that says he does.

I agree.  

As far as the running game goes...  Last year i had Howard on a team because he looked to be a pretty solid pick for my roster.  They said he improved his receiving skills etc.  Well I think he averaged about 8 carries a game, not involved in the passing game and Nagy runs Tarik between the tackles.  I just figured he didn't like Howard and wanted a more elusive back.

They get Montgomery and all off season they brag about his cuts and elusiveness.  In the few touches he gets Nagy runs him into a brick wall.

• Like 1

As a Bears fan I can tell you that I'm frustrated as heck.  Montgomery is a VERY good prospect and could/should be putting up around 100 combined yards every week.

The problem is Trubisky.  He is just not all that good.  I shudder every time I think of that damn draft, moving up, giving up draft capital... for a guy with his experience.  Watson and Mahomes were both available.  

Nagy has some decent qualities but right now this team is NOT clicking.  

Mack and Jackson are elite playmakers.  Roquan Smith is a stud too.  The defense shouldn't be a problem but they're not making as many plays as they should.

And the offense simply is a mess.  I'm frustrated.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

As a Bears fan I can tell you that I'm frustrated as heck.  Montgomery is a VERY good prospect and could/should be putting up around 100 combined yards every week.

The problem is Trubisky.  He is just not all that good.  I shudder every time I think of that damn draft, moving up, giving up draft capital... for a guy with his experience.  Watson and Mahomes were both available.  

Nagy has some decent qualities but right now this team is NOT clicking.  

Mack and Jackson are elite playmakers.  Roquan Smith is a stud too.  The defense shouldn't be a problem but they're not making as many plays as they should.

And the offense simply is a mess.  I'm frustrated.

It's crazy isn't it? If our dumb asses can see it why can't he? If Trubisky was your QB wouldn't you make a whole hearted attempt to run more than 7 times? That is just inexcusable. I wish I heard his press conference today. 

On 10/20/2019 at 8:42 PM, DMD said:

Another offensive "genius" that is a train wreck as a head coach. If he were the OC and was doing that any HC with common snese would have yelled RUN THE FUGGIN BALL MORE constantly. 

I didn't see the game, read your recap in Tunnel Vision yesterday and a few more bits from others talking about WTF was with no running game.