[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sanu To Patriots

League_Champion

Just now, League_Champion said:

Agree. It's a typical Patriot move. This is why they win Superbowls. 

At this point, it matters not. There is no one even close in the AFC that can challenge this defense. This is the 2015 Broncos all over again, average offense with legendary defense. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Exactly. And Tommy running that offense. Pat's looking good. 

Its the first time I can stomach watching them because it's been so entertaining watching their defense just humiliate teams. 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

At this point, it matters not. There is no one even close in the AFC that can challenge this defense. This is the 2015 Broncos all over again, average offense with legendary defense. 

And that offense isn't average. They can be great, they just don't need to be. 

Sanu has to be stoked!  Went from trash to likely getting a ring. 

13 minutes ago, irish said:

And that offense isn't average. They can be great, they just don't need to be. 

Sanu has to be stoked!  Went from trash to likely getting a ring. 

I'm not sure they can be great with their offensive line the way they are. Again, much like their defense has played no competent offense, their offense has faced 1 competent defense being the Bills, and we saw how that looked. The AFC in general is absolute trash. I'm not sure the offense would do anything vs the Saints Packers or 9ers. But you're right, they don't have too. 

1 minute ago, Forgot My Name said:

I've always like Sanu.  This has to really improve his value, no?  I would think he'll be the #1.

I think moving forward the only sure thing is Edleman. They now have Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, Sanu, Harry coming back, Myers who looked decent last night and Watson now who got a decent amount of looks last night. Not to mention White and when Burkhead comes back . That's a lot of mouths, on a team that spreads the ball around with a lot of different personel groupings. 

• Like 1

makes me think that Gordon (or one of the others)  is more injured than we know. They have Edelman, Dorsett, Gordon, Jakobi & Meyers, attorneys, and the other rookie, Harry.  Now they add Sanu? Meyers looked good yesterday and we know what the others bring.  I'll bet someone is hurt or out.  I get the feeling (just a hunch) that it is Gordon.

Edited by Dcat

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

This team does whatever it takes to win, 7-0, destroying teams, still making moves. Hate them if you must, but you gotta respect them. 

I don't respect cheaters. I have more respect for the Steelers.

Curious was it entertaining watching them dominate the Steelers in week one? Or did that sting a little, and now that the Steelers are not likely to contend it is easier to stomach watching them do this?

I hate them and cannot stand watching them, doesn't matter what part of the game they dominate. 6 Super Bowls in 20 years with a coach who was a miserable failure with the Browns, during a time my team has blown chunks...  :sick:

As for adding Sanu, it probably does relate to Gordon, either his injury, another relapse or he just isn't good or buying into the Patriot way. It may also indicate Dorsett is not very good. Last night they basically had TB, Edelman and White. Meyers was ok, Watson was a mess.

But with a defense that scores more TDs than it allows, you could have Brady hand off all day and maybe get a couple FGs on offense and still win most of the games. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Curious was it entertaining watching them dominate the Steelers in week one? Or did that sting a little, and now that the Steelers are not likely to contend it is easier to stomach watching them do this?

At that time we had no idea what this defense would become, since then it's been an absolute entertaining circus act by them. I'm sold that they are legendary because of who they've played, but i'm interested to see it moving forward. I've learned to just ride out the greatness and lighten up on the anger towards them because it was making me miserable. . Also, I already said in a previous thread about projecting team records, that the Steelers were losing their first three games. I knew they would lose in NE, we've never beaten tom their before. 

3 hours ago, cade_hall said:

Does that mean Josh Gordon loses more value? He’s injured anyway but does that hurt him even more?

I would have to imagine so.  Now you will have Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, nkeal harry, James White, maybe Jacobi Meyers competing for catches.  Im dumping him in my 8 team league bc there are better options in 8 team.  The Pats will likely make Sanu into a stud or semi stud.  

Edited by purplemonster

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I would have to imagine so.  Now you will have Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, nkeal harry, James White, maybe Jacobi Meyers competing for catches.  Im dumping him in my 8 team league bc there are better options in 8 team.  The Pats will likely make Sanu into a stud or semi stud.  

Would you snag Auden Tate or Phillip Dorsett instead?

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I don't respect cheaters.

Wah, wah, wah. Anyone who thinks the Pats have cheated their way to greatness just likes to complain. Deflategate was the biggest load of bs. Yeah, the couple of PSIs taken from the balls is what caused them to win the game by 38 points. Otherwise the Colts would totally have won... Right. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vikings>Packers said:

Wah, wah, wah. Anyone who thinks the Pats have cheated their way to greatness just likes to complain. Deflategate was the biggest load of bs. Yeah, the couple of PSIs taken from the balls is what caused them to win the game by 38 points. Otherwise the Colts would totally have won... Right. 

Every team cheats, they just do it more and have been caught more frequently. 

Didn't say it is the reason they won all those titles. And wasn't crying so shove your wah wah comment.

I don't have to like or respect them, pretty sure that is still a personal choice of mine. 

• Sad 1