[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kerryon Johnson goes to IR

DMD

19 hours ago, rajncajn said:

He's been sitting on my taxi squad for quite a while now. 

I was going to add him as a stash some weeks ago after he did something good, then he disappeared again.

Doesn't help me much but with a bad record and high waiver pick I added him anyway. Somebody is going to need some of these extra RBs I have before the trade deadline. 

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

CJ Anderson, come on down?

I keep hearing him and Ajayi mentioned as guys to add, I guess if you have to be ahead of the curve, but they're not even on a team, only working out, and would surely be behind any current backup already on the team (especially if they have multiple years experience with the offense, or even just since beginning of this season). 

I read that CJ worked out for the Raiders, didn't realize they were looking to add somebody.The rumor is the Raiders might look to move Deandre Washington, and CJ could replace him. 

17 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I keep hearing him and Ajayi mentioned as guys to add, I guess if you have to be ahead of the curve, but they're not even on a team, only working out, and would surely be behind any current backup already on the team (especially if they have multiple years experience with the offense, or even just since beginning of this season). 

I read that CJ worked out for the Raiders, didn't realize they were looking to add somebody.The rumor is the Raiders might look to move Deandre Washington, and CJ could replace him. 

Yeah I heard that too, which, as a Jacobs owner, pisses me off.  Anderson would eat into his workload and isn't the same kind of back as Washington... so that's weird.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... I added Ty Johnson in a redraft league because why not.

1 minute ago, darin3 said:

Yeah I heard that too, which, as a Jacobs owner, pisses me off.  Anderson would eat into his workload and isn't the same kind of back as Washington... so that's weird.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... I added Ty Johnson in a redraft league because why not.

I don't know, I think JJ is significantly better than CJ although him taking some goal line carries may happen.  It would be a negative but I don't think as much as you think. 

27 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I wonder if DJ gets traded before the deadline. 

I meant between Edmonds and Ty Johnson, to be clear.  As for DJ, I don't really know what's going on.  But I'd hold on to Edmonds because if it is something serious Edmonds is a star.  And I think Ty will likely be in a timeshare regardless. 

Edited by purplemonster

I don't necessarily think DJ's injury is serious.  Seemed like more of a precautionary move to not play him much last week.  My understanding was that the ARI coaching staff, while declaring him active, decided not to chance it, given the field/weather conditions.  I can't recall where exactly I heard that, but I listen to a ton of NFL analysis on Sirius radio pretty much all week long, and I'm 99% sure it was on one of those shows on Monday morning.  It may have been somewhat speculative (I don't know if the coach(es) actually stated that), but that's what I heard nonetheless.

Yes, Edmonds was more than likely already rostered in most redraft leagues last week, given that DJ was questionable most of the week.  All I'm saying is that, if both are available, I'd rather have Edmonds than Ty Johnson.  Simply put, Edmonds has outscored Kerryon Johnson this year, and almost outscored both Johnson's (in DET) combined, and that's with the other Johnson (David) playing during most of that stretch.  The ARI duo has scored more than double, fantasy-wise, what the DET duo has.  

I found this interview with Kliff Kingsbury where he echoes what Gopher is saying, basically with other injuries (DJ Foster) and the poor field conditions they just didn't want to risk an injury to Johnson.   If Foster wasn't injured Johnson probably remains inactive. 

BTW I found this by doing a web search for "why didn't david johnson play", it was one of the first matches. 

Edited by stevegrab

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/24/david-johnson-out-of-practice-for-cardinals/amp/

Johnson still not practicing and they've signed other RB's.  That's a lot of precaution for a minor injury.  I don't know how serious it is, yet I'd be hesitant to dismiss it as truly minor either

Edited by purplemonster

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Getting confusing seeing new posts in the Kerryon Johnson thread and finding they're all about David Johnson...which I contributed to

Eh, they're all Johnsons.  Size doesn't matter (as least that's what I'm told).

• Haha 2