[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon to IR, now released

Big John

• Big John changed the title to Josh Gordon to IR, now released
21 hours ago, Shaft said:

49ers would be perfect.

no thank you

21 hours ago, LordOpie said:

The issue with some of these predictions is that he has to go through waivers. So i doubt he falls very far

This .... dolphins, jets, bengals, skins, falcons, broncos

Just now, Big John said:

but to an undisclosed team.  I thought that the NFL would announce at 4:00 ET. :shrug:

I swear the NFL is becoming more like fantasy football. This is some MFL shyt right here. 9:00 pm hits, time set for waiver claims, but we still don't know who got who.

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Well this stinks (possibly) for my DK Metcalf stock.  Thought this dude was about ready to breakout.  Word is Pats didn't like Josh Garden's work ethic.  Late to meetings, hard to reach by text, etc.  Not sure exactly what's going to happen with the Seahawks 

I really think Metcalf is going to break out... but looking more like this break out will be next season.

Seattle receiving targets with trust from Wilson this year are Lockett and Metcalf.  Dissly was targeted a lot before his injury. No one has taken that over. 

I don't really see Gordon being a heavily utilized target, but I suspect him being WR3 in Seattle, and possible flex in fantasy.  

People were drafting Gordon in the 5th and 6th rounds this year and I never wanted to pay that price.  But, it's week 9 and sometimes lightning comes in a bottle. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Seattle receiving targets with trust from Wilson this year are Lockett and Metcalf.  Dissly was targeted a lot before his injury. No one has taken that over. 

I don't really see Gordon being a heavily utilized target, but I suspect him being WR3 in Seattle, and possible flex in fantasy.  

People were drafting Gordon in the 5th and 6th rounds this year and I never wanted to pay that price.  But, it's week 9 and sometimes lightning comes in a bottle. 

Ultimately I just don't think Josh fit what New England does which is ball control withow short passes, rarely pushing it down field. Russ is a better QB today than Tawwwmy and the Hawks although limited attempts do like to push the ball down the field and Russ throws one of the best deep balls if not the best.  He just fits better with Seattle at this point imo..

Whether or not he's the Josh of old, he will draw a hell of a lot more attention than David Moore and Brown. For 1.5 million, what's there to lose ? 

• Like 1

Lockett owner in two leagues here, coupled with Wilson in one.  I actually had Gordon and dropped him.  Found him on the WW this morning in both leagues and scooped him up.  What the heck, right?  Not too worried that he will put a dent into Lockett's numbers, but there might be some impact on Metcalf.  Once Gordon gets going, though, it will be a tough call to decide where I can start him.  Likely, he'll be bench depth for me at this point.  One of my team core lineups would almost be 50/50 Hawks and Boys if I start him, e.g.:

Prescott

Elliott

Henry

Gordon

Gallup

Lockett

Witten

Lambo

SF

Week 10 doesn't look optimal (Opponents are SF and MN).  In fact most matchups through week 15 aren't walks in the park. If I can survive until Championship week, though, oh my...  (ARI @ SEA and DAL @ PHI)