Big John

Josh Gordon to IR, now released

That is not was BB was hoping for. Wanted a non contender for sure 

Well this stinks (possibly) for my DK Metcalf stock.  Thought this dude was about ready to breakout.  Word is Pats didn't like Josh Garden's work ethic.  Late to meetings, hard to reach by text, etc.  Not sure exactly what's going to happen with the Seahawks 

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Well this stinks (possibly) for my DK Metcalf stock.  Thought this dude was about ready to breakout.  Word is Pats didn't like Josh Garden's work ethic.  Late to meetings, hard to reach by text, etc.  Not sure exactly what's going to happen with the Seahawks 

I really think Metcalf is going to break out... but looking more like this break out will be next season.

Seattle receiving targets with trust from Wilson this year are Lockett and Metcalf.  Dissly was targeted a lot before his injury. No one has taken that over. 

I don't really see Gordon being a heavily utilized target, but I suspect him being WR3 in Seattle, and possible flex in fantasy.  

People were drafting Gordon in the 5th and 6th rounds this year and I never wanted to pay that price.  But, it's week 9 and sometimes lightning comes in a bottle. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Seattle receiving targets with trust from Wilson this year are Lockett and Metcalf.  Dissly was targeted a lot before his injury. No one has taken that over. 

I don't really see Gordon being a heavily utilized target, but I suspect him being WR3 in Seattle, and possible flex in fantasy.  

People were drafting Gordon in the 5th and 6th rounds this year and I never wanted to pay that price.  But, it's week 9 and sometimes lightning comes in a bottle. 

Ultimately I just don't think Josh fit what New England does which is ball control withow short passes, rarely pushing it down field. Russ is a better QB today than Tawwwmy and the Hawks although limited attempts do like to push the ball down the field and Russ throws one of the best deep balls if not the best.  He just fits better with Seattle at this point imo..

Whether or not he's the Josh of old, he will draw a hell of a lot more attention than David Moore and Brown. For 1.5 million, what's there to lose ? 

• Like 1

Lockett owner in two leagues here, coupled with Wilson in one.  I actually had Gordon and dropped him.  Found him on the WW this morning in both leagues and scooped him up.  What the heck, right?  Not too worried that he will put a dent into Lockett's numbers, but there might be some impact on Metcalf.  Once Gordon gets going, though, it will be a tough call to decide where I can start him.  Likely, he'll be bench depth for me at this point.  One of my team core lineups would almost be 50/50 Hawks and Boys if I start him, e.g.:

Prescott

Elliott

Henry

Gordon

Gallup

Lockett

Witten

Lambo

SF

Week 10 doesn't look optimal (Opponents are SF and MN).  In fact most matchups through week 15 aren't walks in the park. If I can survive until Championship week, though, oh my...  (ARI @ SEA and DAL @ PHI)

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Let it go people. He'll only break your heart, again. 

I am inclined to believe this.  I still think I like Metcalf more than Gordon right now.  Besides being late to meetings and things makes me wonder if he isn't back using.  

Lol he already passed his physical with SEA. So much for his supposed IR

On 11/2/2019 at 3:26 PM, purplemonster said:

I am inclined to believe this.  I still think I like Metcalf more than Gordon right now.  Besides being late to meetings and things makes me wonder if he isn't back using.  

And Pete Carroll won't put up with his crap any more than BB did. 

Plus his ankle still hurts and he may not even play this week.  

I give him 4 games, 12 receptions and maybe 100 yards before this is over.