[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collusion?

Hester.caleb

I was leading my league last week at 5-1 until mahomes thielen kamara and david jhonson all got hurt. Even after all those players were on the bench I still wouldve won if I had played latavius murray instead of singletary. So getting to the point before sunday starts my opponent makes a trade with someone else the trade was Odell for Calvin Ridley. I thought it was sketchy then but odell was on the bye week and hasnt been playing good so whatever. Now that the week is over and he won with Calvin Ridley they are now trading back.... and not only that the opponent I'm playing with now him and the guy I faced last week have now made a trade because his josh gordon is on it. Their trade was his Carlos hyde for Austin ekeler...  these are guys that work together and I think they're now helping each other to beat me. It is a money league also. What do you think? I'm already at a disadvantage now that all of my starters are hurt. But I was beating them all before that

I was in a decent money league $500 entry.   There was obvious collusion all the time.  Some no big deal, some like this, some even worse.  10 team league. 3 brothers and a couple of best friends. Always shady deals and one of the brothers was commissioner so I was always told to f off if I complained.  After many years I just bailed on it.  Was so frustrating.  You need to resolve it or walk away 

1 hour ago, Hester.caleb said:

I was leading my league last week at 5-1 until mahomes thielen kamara and david jhonson all got hurt. Even after all those players were on the bench I still wouldve won if I had played latavius murray instead of singletary. So getting to the point before sunday starts my opponent makes a trade with someone else the trade was Odell for Calvin Ridley. I thought it was sketchy then but odell was on the bye week and hasnt been playing good so whatever. Now that the week is over and he won with Calvin Ridley they are now trading back.... and not only that the opponent I'm playing with now him and the guy I faced last week have now made a trade because his josh gordon is on it. Their trade was his Carlos hyde for Austin ekeler...  these are guys that work together and I think they're now helping each other to beat me. It is a money league also. What do you think? I'm already at a disadvantage now that all of my starters are hurt. But I was beating them all before that

Do they now this is collusion? We had some problems with stuff like this in the first year of my local league 10 years ago.

10 minutes ago, Def. said:

Player sharing has been a well known form of collusion for well over 20+ years and is extremely bush league.  If commish doesn't take action would walk after the year ends. 

This.

Other than sharing your thoughts with Commish to resolve there is not much else you can do.  

You could try to play there game with another owner and then leave after the season.  If not, do your best and bail next year.

I'm going to bring it up and see what is said. If they dont agree with me I'll definently be quiting the league after this year. This is my first year in a money league and I was doing really well until this and players getting hurt. It is frustrating  but cant help the injured player part. I was just making sure I wasnt over thinking the collusion and wanted to get opinions before I said something. Thanks everyone

• Like 1

I my early years we had this issue.

Rules were put in place to not allow trade same players back to original teams.  This forced owners to include more.  Most did not try after that.  Plus there are rules to where Commish can have power to reverse if detrimental to the league.

There were always some that tried to push, but eventually those owners left and/or not given invitation back next season.

Eventually you will find or start a solid league of owners. 

You drafted a good team and your key players will get healthy. Some as soon as this week it appears. Stick it to these guys by winning the league and taking their money. You’ve got twice the motivation now, and the wallet is always the best place to get revenge on colluders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Player sharing has been a well known form of collusion for well over 20+ years and is extremely bush league.  If commish doesn't take action would walk after the year ends. 

And if commish doesn't take action, go all out doing the same.  hit up a partner and offer to split the money with him.  If that's how they are gonna run the league then go all in.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, flemingd said:

And if commish doesn't take action, go all out doing the same.  hit up a partner and offer to split the money with him.  If that's how they are gonna run the league then go all in.

tic for tac.  Burn it all down.  :tup:

2 hours ago, flemingd said:

I think from previous replies that the answer is yes, it's obvious collusion.  I commish a dynasty league and my son of all people suggested this action. We had a good conversation about cheating and he understands that if it doesn't happen in the NFL, it doesn't happen in our league.  If I was commish of your league I would reverse the rosters and points for last week and threaten to lock down the teams and remove the owners if it happened again.  

If your commish is too much of a puss to do that then I agree with the above.  I'd probably add knee-capping the offenders as it is an excellent deterrent to future malfeasance. 

3 hours ago, Def. said:

tic for tac.  Burn it all down.  :tup:

Not really, just keeping up with the Joneses.  Can't expect two different sets of rules for different sets of owners - if it's allowed I'm gonna do it.  If it's not allowed then I won't.

8 hours ago, Hester.caleb said:

I'm going to bring it up and see what is said. If they dont agree with me I'll definently be quiting the league after this year. This is my first year in a money league and I was doing really well until this and players getting hurt. It is frustrating  but cant help the injured player part. I was just making sure I wasnt over thinking the collusion and wanted to get opinions before I said something. Thanks everyone

Do you know these guys? It is a local league? 

14 hours ago, flemingd said:

Gotta tell this story....

My long time 31 year fantasy football league is super open to creative trades and changes to the rules...but staunch on blatent collusion.

Except for one particular year. 

Our league has always had open communication with all our leaguemates about everything; rules, trades, arguments about how many beers are owed...you guys get the jist.  

So that one year...near the end of the year, around week 9 or so (trade deadline is week 10), my buddy and I decided to make a trade, I think it was...Eddie George for Mariner playoff tickets against the Yankees. Or something very close to that playerwise.

We proposed the trade to everybody else in full disclosure, then had many discussions about all the different angles of collusion, love of sports, spirit of ffb rules, you name it. Super in-depth intellegent conversations were had among friends about what that trade would mean, not only for that specific year, but all of the years to come. 

It was ultimately decided that since we all love our pathetic Mariners and ffb is just a hobby, that the trade would stand. Little did we know, that playoff game would turn out to be one of the last years that the Ms would ever be in the playoffs. 

Needless to say, we talk about that trade every year at the draft.  Communication and an underlying understanding amongst us all of the unwritten rules and love of the game has made our league so much fun. 

Edited by heehawks

1994 a guy in our league hacked another guy’s cable box so he got all the premium channels. The payment was Jerry Rice for Vincent Brisby straight up, and the next year a lot of us branched off into another iteration of the league. Still going strong in 2019!

On 10/25/2019 at 8:46 AM, Hester.caleb said:

Tradebacks are the poster-child of collusion.  My leagues have strict anti-tradeback rules.  No can do.  It is automatic reject.  Problem solved.  Does your league have any like... rules?

Edited by Dcat