[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alex Erickson (Cin)

1fastdoc

Who is this guy?  Yahoo had him predicted at 14+ point last week while no other site even had him ranked.  

This week he's predicted to put up 17.93 points, higher than any other player on my team!  Normally I don't give too much credit to their predictions but they seem to know something that nobody else does.

He's started in a whopping 4% of league.  Something doesn't make sense here.

22 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Who is this guy?  Yahoo had him predicted at 14+ point last week while no other site even had him ranked.  

This week he's predicted to put up 17.93 points, higher than any other player on my team!  Normally I don't give too much credit to their predictions but they seem to know something that nobody else does.

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He had one good game, last week. Besides that he's done nothing. 

Well, he clearly exceeded expectations last week so Yahoo was right.

43 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I like that every white receiver gets compared to other white receivers only because he's white. Strange huh? 

Maybe it has to do with him being a slot-position receiver, which is PPR gold. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I like that every white receiver gets compared to other white receivers only because he's white. Strange huh? 

36 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Maybe it has to do with him being a slot-position receiver, which is PPR gold. 

ding!

I am a slut for the slot in ppr. in my keeper league, i grabbed kupp and thielen a couple of years ago (thielen when diggs was hurt and started as a experimental fill in).  There have been slot guys I have missed on, but I look at snaps and targets... then come up with my own projections/speculation. 

edit: i also believe that cin will be throwing a bit this year.  he may or may not work out, but i'll give it a few weeks to see if he was a one hit wonder.

Edited by Bier Meister

pretty insignificant until a late 52 yd reception

edit: had to start him in one.  have allen and did not love the hammie + coming back vs chi. he ended up with a fine game, but i did not like the probability

Edited by Bier Meister

Well manure. Sat him and Kirk. Played Williams and Gordon. I hope Rodgers has a great game. Looks like Erickson will be a starting player in the future 

Edited by 1fastdoc

On 10/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, 1fastdoc said:

Well, it looks like he came through.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again Yahoo had him predicted high at 18+ points while predicting David Johnson at 12, despite Erickson playing with a rookie QB. Meanwhile, the experts are 50:1 for Johnson. 

Oh the stress. Does Yahoo really have ties to Nostradamus? 

I guess the question is - is anybody starting him over other WR1 or WR2's? I'm running Evans, Kirk and DJ Moore. Contemplating the Flex. I just don't understand the love for a guy that's been a punt returner for years and is technically 3rd on the depth chart. 

20 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I guess the question is - is anybody starting him over other WR1 or WR2's? I'm running Evans, Kirk and DJ Moore. Contemplating the Flex. I just don't understand the love for a guy that's been a punt returner for years and is technically 3rd on the depth chart. 

Well, he has been producing.

Sometimes it's more about opportunity than talent.  Green is out.  Ross went to IR.  Boyd now gets most of the attention from defenses.  That leaves what?  Eifert, Audon Tate, and Erickson.  And, while those guys might be bigger (and POSSIBLY better red zone threats), Erickson might be the best of the three at simply getting open.  Not spectacular skills, overall, but a good route-runner, decent hands, etc.  

I'm not saying he's a must-start, by any means.  But, in some situations, with byes/injuries, you could do worse.  I am starting him today as a flex in a league where I have Michel and Conley on a bye, Ross on IR, and Thielen out.  My only other options would be Kyle Rudolph or Valdes-Scantling (GB), and I think he's a safer bet than either of those guys to get a decent amount of targets.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Well, he has been producing.

I meant the love from Yahoo. No other site has any faith that he'll be productive this week, especially not to the tune of 18+ points. 

But, clearly I should have started him instead of that useless rock David Johnson. 

13 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I meant the love from Yahoo. No other site has any faith that he'll be productive this week, especially not to the tune of 18+ points. 

But, clearly I should have started him instead of that useless rock David Johnson. 

Oof.  Not sure which is worse.  At least Erickson has a rush for 13 yards, I suppose.