[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wow. Never seen this before!

Dcat

In all the years I've been playing this maddening game, I've never seen what happened to my opponent in a high stakes league this week (week 8).   I am up by a little under 8 points after last night's Packers/Chiefs, with no players left.  My opponent has Drake ready to roll on Monday night.  Pretty damned good chance Drake gets 8 points, right?  But no, Drake is traded away by the Dolphins on Sunday and now my opponent has no one to fill that RB position for tonight.   He used his flex spots for WRs and must put a back in there.  Waivers were done on Friday.  So my opponent is SOL.  That is weird and ridiculous.  I'm just lucky to be on the winning side of this freaky thing.  

So I guess nowadays we fantasy players need to prepare for possible trades the week before the trade deadline.  Never would have come to mind.

1 minute ago, Finn5033 said:

Drake was ruled out before the noon games yesterday.

Oh, I didn't realize that.  But waivers were over anyway, so the remaining crud on his bench wouldn't have won it for him: The only he players he could have swapped from his own roster were Boonafon and DeANdre Washington, so I still win.  Waivers was over by Friday. He needed to prepare for the trade contingency.  Again, this is something I've never seen. 

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

This, gotta pay attention

Waivers were done. He only had Bonnafon and Deandre Washington left on the roster.  Either way, I win.  He needed to pick someone up on Friday waivers to preparre for this contingency, but to my fortune, he did not.  So, I'm still alive in this league at 4-4 because of it.  He dropped to 3-5 and is pretty much out of it now.  

There were trade rumors going around a week ago and with the Dolphins on fire sale mode, it was pretty much expected. Counting on a risky player on a Monday night game was a mistake that gave you a well deserved win. 

Just now, purplemonster said:

You guys don't have waivers that run after Friday?  So you just play whomever is left on your roster after that if someone is ruled out late?  That seems unusual to me but I guess I am not familiar with other formats

This. What's the reasoning behind locking all players on Friday? 

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

You guys don't have waivers that run after Friday?  So you just play whomever is left on your roster after that if someone is ruled out late?  That seems unusual to me but I guess I am not familiar with other formats

Most of my leagues lock guys on wensday,  no FCFS 

9 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

8 minutes ago, loaf said:

This. What's the reasoning behind locking all players on Friday? 

if it is one of the organized high stakes leagues, it is likely done to avoid churning/locking players.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

if it is one of the organized high stakes leagues, it is likely done to avoid churning/locking players.

Yeah, I was referring to high stakes leagues (i.e. the ones on RTS).  They all do it.  Of course I don't do it in my friends-leagues. Everyone except Thursday players are free agents from Thursday to Sunday kickoffs in those.  

Edited by Dcat