Sign in to follow this  
JohnRow

Cam newton

Do you already have a solid starting QB? Then no, he's not. Ride your starter and stream for the bye week. At this point in the season I'm stacking other position players for a playoff run.

Is he not getting his starting job back?  I thought he was.  Nevertheless he's not really worth stashing to me.  Sure he could be good but more likely even if he plays he'll be average. 

My QBs are Josh Allen and Murray. Both have tough playoff schedules. I’m stacked at the other positions. 
Rb- CMC, Carson, Walton, Singletary 

wr- Hopkins, Julio, JuJu, DJ Moore, DK, Alshon

TE- Kelce, Herndon

I've been wondering about Newton getting his job back as well.  Rivera is old school so I'm kind of assuming Newton will get the starting gig again, especially if Allen puts up another dud or two.  If last week was a blip and he rips off another 3 wins before Cam is healthy, then I don't know what Riverboat will do.  Newton is in my IR spot so he's not really costing me anything (unless someone else gets hurt), but if I had 2 viable QBs on my team, I don't think i'd go after Newton.  And I'd probably rather take a flyer on a WR or RB that could get hot later in the season over Newton.  Better to let it be someone else's problem.

6 hours ago, hezagenius said:

I've been wondering about Newton getting his job back as well.  Rivera is old school so I'm kind of assuming Newton will get the starting gig again, especially if Allen puts up another dud or two.  If last week was a blip and he rips off another 3 wins before Cam is healthy, then I don't know what Riverboat will do.  Newton is in my IR spot so he's not really costing me anything (unless someone else gets hurt), but if I had 2 viable QBs on my team, I don't think i'd go after Newton.  And I'd probably rather take a flyer on a WR or RB that could get hot later in the season over Newton.  Better to let it be someone else's problem.

If he's healthy, he's getting his job back. Greg Olsen needs him bad. Reallyyyyyy bad.

7 hours ago, 'canes2004 said:

If he's healthy, he's getting his job back. Greg Olsen needs him bad. Reallyyyyyy bad.

CMC is the new Greg Olsen. The aging TE is only worth having if CMC gets hurt 

Carolina just placed him on IR.

Per NFLN

23 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Cam to the Bears?  ;)

Came here to post the same thing.  I don't know what I think or feel about that.  

I can't stand Trubisky but not sure if Newton would be an upgrade or not.  He'll be 31 when the 2020 season kicks off.  Doesn't seem like the kind of QB that can last into his mid-30's.

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Came here to post the same thing.  I don't know what I think or feel about that.  

I can't stand Trubisky but not sure if Newton would be an upgrade or not.  He'll be 31 when the 2020 season kicks off.  Doesn't seem like the kind of QB that can last into his mid-30's.

I think he has a couple good years left. The Bears window is not open longer than that anyway.  I would hate to start with a rookie next year.