[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gave up Drake for Edmonds last week

1fastdoc

So (the really bad word)ing mad about this. I let him go a couple days before he got traded. But I got Edmonds! Who then injured his hamstring, typically a long term nagging injury. DAMMIT. 

And (the really bad word) you Miami for not using Drake while he sat on my roster for the last 2 plus years. That team has given away so many potentially great players. They must be the worst managed professional team on the planet - hell will freeze over before they see the playoffs. 

So bitter right now.

/rant

Edited by 1fastdoc
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, DMD said:

If it's any consolation, and it isn't, Drake probably won't ever do that again.

Don't say that, I need him to do that at the very least every other week :lol:

Kind of curious about that statement. This seems to be a good plug and play RB scheme for fantasy value.  I believe the system usually doesn't lend itself to a lot of in drive RB substitutions.  If Edmonds and DJ's injuries linger, I could see Drake being a decent play.  One of the 3 RBs will be.

What I mean is that he had a freak first game. He was playing the 49ers that were the top-ranked defense against QB, RB, WR, and TE. All of the Cards exceeded expectations. Their next two games are at TB (#3 DEF vs RB) and at SF (not going to be surprised 2 weeks later), Then the bye. So in 4 weeks from now, Edmonds or Johnson will be back and maybe both. ARI still has a bad offensive line. The 49ers had only allowed one TD to any RB all year and that was McCaffrey.

He catches the ball so that helps. But he's a 4th-year player that just scored more fantasy points than any other game he's ever played. He only ran over 100 yards in two games in his 3.5 years to date.  

Kyler Murray threw for 241 yards and 2 TD.  Sf had not allowed any passing TDs since Week 3 and they had not allowed more than 158 passing yards in the past month. They held Jared Goff to 78 passing yards.

It was a fun deviation from the norm. As a Drake owner in a few leagues, I'd love to see him replicate that but I don't expect it given the line, the schedule, Edmonds and Johnson, etc..

On 11/1/2019 at 7:26 AM, DMD said:

What I mean is that he had a freak first game. He was playing the 49ers that were the top-ranked defense against QB, RB, WR, and TE. All of the Cards exceeded expectations. Their next two games are at TB (#3 DEF vs RB) and at SF (not going to be surprised 2 weeks later), Then the bye. So in 4 weeks from now, Edmonds or Johnson will be back and maybe both. ARI still has a bad offensive line. The 49ers had only allowed one TD to any RB all year and that was McCaffrey.

He catches the ball so that helps. But he's a 4th-year player that just scored more fantasy points than any other game he's ever played. He only ran over 100 yards in two games in his 3.5 years to date.  

Kyler Murray threw for 241 yards and 2 TD.  Sf had not allowed any passing TDs since Week 3 and they had not allowed more than 158 passing yards in the past month. They held Jared Goff to 78 passing yards.

It was a fun deviation from the norm. As a Drake owner in a few leagues, I'd love to see him replicate that but I don't expect it given the line, the schedule, Edmonds and Johnson, etc..

All good points.  But, I wasn't really trying to make a case for Drake being a stud.  Despite Arizona's offensive struggles, the primary RB for Arizona is generally used as a workhorse, involved in the passing game,  and the results are desirable from a fantasy perspective:

Week 1 Johnson:  25.7 points

Week 2 Johnson:  8.4 points 

Week 3 Johnson:  18.50 points 

Week 4 Johnson:  21.90 points 

Week 5 Johnson:  18.60 points 

Week 6 Johnson:  28.20 points 

Week 7 Edmonds:  35.00 points 

Week 8 Drake:  28.20 points 

I'm starting whatever RB Kingsbury is using. 

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

All good points.  But, I wasn't really trying to make a case for Drake being a stud.  Despite Arizona's offensive struggles, the primary RB for Arizona is generally used as a workhorse, involved in the passing game,  and the results are desirable from a fantasy perspective:

Week 1 Johnson:  25.7 points

Week 2 Johnson:  8.4 points 

Week 3 Johnson:  18.50 points 

Week 4 Johnson:  21.90 points 

Week 5 Johnson:  18.60 points 

Week 6 Johnson:  28.20 points 

Week 7 Edmonds:  35.00 points 

Week 8 Drake:  28.20 points 

I'm starting whatever RB Kingsbury is using. 

These are valid points. Some coaches have a tendency of using their players a certain way.

Drake demonstrated the ability to read the field and catch a ball in Miami, but for some reason they always favored RBBC. 

With his experience, I'd put him on par with Edmonds, which is bothersome if DJ doesn't get his mojo back.