Eagle2003

Josh Jacobs

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He's an absolute stud. 

He's not a great receiver and the Raiders have an incredible receiving back in Jalen Richard.

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

He's not a great receiver and the Raiders have an incredible receiving back in Jalen Richard.

They don't need him to be. 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

This is true, he's not a great receiver. He caught approximately 1 pass a game during his college career. 

45 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They don't need him to be. 

Your answer would lead the OP to believe he is a great receiver. I was answering the original question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

This is true, he's not a great receiver. He caught approximately 1 pass a game during his college career. 

Until he's actually used as a receiver it's really hard to tell. The same was thought of Ingram and he's actually pretty good.

5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Until he's actually used as a receiver it's really hard to tell. The same was thought of Ingram and he's actually pretty good.

Maybe, but we can say that about any running RB (e.g. Michel, Carson, Chubb, etc.)

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Fair, but I've owned him all year and watched closely. He's got hands of stone. 

44 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Fair, but I've owned him all year and watched closely. He's got hands of stone. 

This ^

and he had 2 or 3 more brutal drops yesterday right in his hands. Carr couldn’t have walked it over and placed it in his hands any better. Good thing he knows how to rip through holes cause he’s a stud rb just no hands at all.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

He’s had a couple of nice catch and runs out of the backfield tonight. 

14 hours ago, jerlane said:

He’s had a couple of nice catch and runs out of the backfield tonight. 

Yup, I actually thought about this thread when I saw one in particular.

I think he's a fair receiver.  Not Alvin Kamara, but he can do it.

Unfortunately, though, Jalen Richard is an elite pass-catcher in terms of RBs so they will utilize him as such.

Jacobs has been targeted 20 times and caught 14 of them, prior to week 9 he had not caught 2 targets, then 3 of 7 over the last 2 two weeks. Some stats on Fox Sports count 3 drops for him, out of 6 targets he didn't catch. 

Would not call that stone hands, 70% catch rate is pretty good. Not saying he is a great receiver, but he is a very good RB and can do a lot, I'm sure he'll improve.

Jalen Richard is a good receiving RB, but he cannot run that well so its obvious they're leaning pass when he is in there. He has 18 rec on 21 targets and one drop. 

17 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Would not call that stone hands, 70% catch rate is pretty good. Not saying he is a great receiver, but he is a very good RB and can do a lot, I'm sure he'll improve.

Agree, his hands aren't even a question. He'll be just fine.