All things NBA, it's hoop season too! Will the Raptors repeat, will the Warriors be contenders, where's the D, has the culture of defense disappeared from the NBA. Let's talk about it let's go!!!

What about defense? Has the days of good fundamental defensive bball been replaced with the high scoring, fast breaking, long ball offensive show? I recall watching a game last week I saw a team blow a 12 point lead in the last 7 min of the fourth period. It remained relatively close throughout the others periods (equal offenses). If a team has no focus of defense but a mediocre offense this is what happens, having a defensive focus would have protected that lead. Some say the owners prefer the offensive show because it sells tickets, the more balanced game is boring. What do you say?!

Edited by The Hardwood Classic

On 11/18/2019 at 12:22 PM, The Hardwood Classic said:

What about defense? Has the days of good fundamental defensive bball been replaced with the high scoring, fast breaking, long ball offensive show? I recall watching a game last week I saw a team blow a 12 point lead in the last 7 min of the fourth period. It remained relatively close throughout the others periods (equal offenses). If a team has no focus of defense but a mediocre offense this is what happens, having a defensive focus would have protected that lead. Some say the owners prefer the offensive show because it sells tickets, but the more balanced game is boring. What do you say?!

That happened long ago, defense hasn't been part of the NBA for decades.  Unless the Cavs are good I don't even pay attention anymore. I get my basketball fix for 3 weeks or so during March Madness. 

The Hardwood Classic starts on Turkey day with a early am draft. Fantasy hoops, third year league H2H Season action. $30 entry, hosted on Yahoo platform pot held and distributed by Yahoo.  12 team league seeking owners. Can u win the pot? Can u go the distance? If u think u can enter here. https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/93818/invitation?key=356404d48c1235b3&ikey=9401f336742cc7e8 only serious hoopers apply. 

Edited by The Hardwood Classic
Typo