[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IR players once they come off the NFL IR list

Icarus

I am locked out of making any roster moves to my team because I have an IR violation.  Derrius Guice has been removed from the real life IR, but he has to remain on my IR in the league. This locks me from making any changes to my roster, including changing the weekly starting lineup. I also have Preston Williams in my starting lineup for this week and he was placed on the IR. So I have a dead spot.

If the NFL teams can remove players from the IR, we should have the same ability, especially if rosters get locked when this occurs.

As to the overall IR discussion, the history of the NFL has changed since the rules we use were created in my other dynasty league.  Our fantasy rules are outdated, even having only been in existence for less than 2 years.  Our current rules were never tweaked when the NFL instituted a clause in 2012 that allowed a player to return to his team after 6 weeks and play after 8 weeks.  2017 also saw another change. See NFL rules section of this link for more info (a summary on the changes): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injured_reserve_list

My season last year was ridiculed by injury - it wasn't nearly as fun as this year with less injury (consider that I still feel this way with currently rostering Mariota and Newton).  I would support a change to the rules effective immediately.  However, mid season the rules stipulate that all owners need to ratify this change.  Otherwise, we may need to wait until the offseason to make a change that will not need 100% owner support.  I'm worried a bit, as rule changes were proposed last season, but not enough people talked about them to even put any up for a specific vote for the exact wording on any rule change.

Does anyone else have any thoughts to add?

Should IR players that can return after only 8 weeks be allowed on IR?  Or should we just add additional roster slots to each roster?

• fuz pinned this topic
  • fuz unpinned this topic