[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 10 Milk Carton

Shaft

On 11/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, Vikings>Packers said:

I meant trash on the goal line. He’s had at least 5 opportunities on the goal line and come away with negative yards. Should be having a monster day. 

I like stats, and went back to get the full details I'm counting 7 carries in goal to goal situation (mostly inside the 3) for a combined minus 4 yards. And the idiot coach kept calling the same kind of plays, like they would suddenly work after getting stuffed before (I think there was one play for positive yards, the rest were no gain or minus). They won the game in part because a penalty on 4th and goal convinced him to kick a FG, otherwise I suspect its another Chubb run up the gut for nothing. 

He's a great back, but a good defense at the goal line can still beat that, especially when the OL is mediocre. Our offensive genius like many (including McVay) is being exposed as not so bright. 

Goff killed my game this week, still a decent 90+ points, but opponent had 125 and a 60 point lead going into MNF (me with Carson/Myers). 30 points from Kirk and 20 from Tannehill gave him a huge edge over my 1 point from Goff and 35 total from my 3 WRs. 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:45 AM, purplemonster said:

He had nothing until the 4th Q salvaged it and ended up with a pretty good day.  I was happy but my god, the ypc is disgusting.  Their OL must be horrific and he's not doing much to compensate 

I predicted in the off-season that he would be mediocre at best with the jets (fantasy not withstanding). His running style(literally stopping and waiting for holes) is predicated on a stout Oline. He benefited greatly in Pittsburgh from elite weapons at the WR and QB spot, and a top 3 Oline every season he was there. I told myself I wanted no part of him on any of my teams, and I didn't follow my own advice as I acquired him via trade in a deal that was at the time, way to good to pass up with his schedule down the stretch. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I predicted in the off-season that he would be mediocre at best with the jets (fantasy not withstanding). His running style(literally stopping and waiting for holes) is predicated on a stout Oline. He benefited greatly in Pittsburgh from elite weapons at the WR and QB spot, and a top 3 Oline every season he was there. I told myself I wanted no part of him on any of my teams, and I didn't follow my own advice as I acquired him via trade in a deal that was at the time, way to good to pass up with his schedule down the stretch. 

Yeah his YPC were not unreal for the last season or two in Pitt, lower than you would think anyway.  He is a great receiver though which does make him valuable (salvageable?)   

10 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Is Jeffery toast?  Wondering what's up with that guy.  He should be feasting but he's not which makes me think he's getting close to done. 

Yup, he's definition shot. He's slow as dirt. He just lumbers around like a big old Lummox out there. They have no speed whatsoever and receivers who can't get free. None of it is on Wentz, he's called good games.

19 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

It seems like just yesterday Goff and Wentz were the new qb starts of the NFL.  Now you can't trust either on a weekly basis.

I think both are victims of situation.  Some things can't be overcome by the QB alone.  

19 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Wentz has somewhat of an excuse. He's working with dog crap receivers and no real running back. 

I thought Howard was doing pretty well, his numbers look decent but not sure I've seen many Eagles games this year. 

Whatever is ailing the Eagles offense and Wentz must be part of the Ertz drop off.

Hopefully Jacobs is good to go this week or I may need to consider Howard (or Lat Murray) to fill his slot alongside Coleman (also have Carson on bye).

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I thought Howard was doing pretty well, his numbers look decent but not sure I've seen many Eagles games this year. 

Whatever is ailing the Eagles offense and Wentz must be part of the Ertz drop off.

Hopefully Jacobs is good to go this week or I may need to consider Howard (or Lat Murray) to fill his slot alongside Coleman (also have Carson on bye).

I do like Howard and think he's done a good job. It's just that Pederson tends to get away from the run at times. It's like he forgets that he has Howard. And unfortunately the passing game has beene relegated to nothing more than a short passing attack. There's no threat for a long ball. 

• Like 1